show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
I should probably put it away...

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i got given this reynolds 531c harry hall due to a friend relocating down south :sad:

she's been given brooks/looks (the pedals pictured were astonishingly heavy), and although the original stronglight crankset and sun tour front mech remain, the rear mech and cassette have been recently replaced by some fairly standard shimano parts. she's currently running 27 1/4 alu wolber wheels. harry hall's insignia is stamped onto the fork crown. she's got plenty of surface rust, but nothing a bit of wire wool and wd/40 wouldn't sort.

depending on how my insurance claim pans out, i may put some 700c wheels, an 8 speed block and some sti shifters on. i'm planning to use her as a commuter once i'm back commuting. i just need to put a rack on and sort out the reach adjustment. ridden her twice, and she's a lovely ride…

harry-hall.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Obviously it's your bike to do with as you will, but I think 700c wheels would spoil the look, as would STi: the clearances look nice and tight and bulbous brifters (especially Shimano with cables like an afterthought) would hang off the front like warts.

I love large flange hubs but the saddle looks a little pudgy to my eye..

Either way that's a gorgeous bike; just a shame you're distanced from your friend.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Found my dads old Carlton Corsair in the cellar, spruced it up with new tyres and bar tape, tightened the brakes and given it a good greasing. Works like new! he even had two karrimor panniers to go with! I'm guessing early eighties 81/82?

There have been a few Corsair refurbs on here which I'm sure you can find. Nice old bike. I have a few classics and as far as I'm concerned, can give just as pleasure as the carbon/ali bikes which are popular today. Enjoy.

HovR

Über Member
Hi Raindog, I've lost track of this and couldn't find it. It is a Soensport which was one of Pete Matthews own. I had it resprayed in the 70s unfortunately had no logos. Bike history was not my best point in those days. Yes I still have it but its a bit too big.

Hi Raindog, I've lost track of this and couldn't find it. It is a Soensport which was one of Pete Matthews own. I had it resprayed in the 70s unfortunately had no logos. Bike history was not my best point in those days. Yes I still have it but its a bit too big.

Top Bottom