show us your vintage road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
thanks @velovoice and @HovR, yea had it repainted as the original was too far rusted, so had it powder coated by a company called 'CY Finishes' in newbury berkshire

Gorgeous!

Had one of these in the 1970's (along with my Raleigh Chopper!).

So much faster than any of my current road bikes. Well it was when I was 17 or 18! :whistle:

Maxants33

My 70s Vindec atlantic. Currently the only restored bike in my collection, but more will follow soon...
1560717_10100341261611162_4273499279463290502_n.jpg

Maxants33

Yea, its a bit odd, but the steering is very sensitive on this bike, so its much easier to have the shifter on the bars so as to not have to take one hand off the bars when shifting. Thought about getting a neater shifter, but the current one looks ok....

ZRT04

Regular
Loving this thread. New here, but have spent the last year gradually doing up my 1985 Claud Butler. Will post photos after my new wheelset arrives.

DaveyA

Über Member
Here are a few pics of my Gazelle. I bought the frame new in the mid eighties and most of the stuff on it is still the original equipment. I brought it out of the loft earlier this year and revived it a little. I did intend to use it for some rides but to be honest I just didn't enjoy it, mainly the downtube shifters. Just so used to having hands on the bars all the time now. Still a nice looking bike though and it has an interesting story attached to it that I still think about sometimes when I see the bike after a while. I'll add the story to this post later as I am short of time right now.

GazelleandOlmo-1.jpg
GazelleandOlmo-3.jpg
GazelleandOlmo-4.jpg
GazelleandOlmo-2.jpg
GazelleandOlmo-5.jpg

Top Bottom