Drago
Legendary Member
- Location
- The Urban Fringe
Too late, ordered it for her! Its our 19th wedding anniversary coming up and she puts up with me, so shes worth every penny.
Hi..does anyon know of a good reliable watch repairer that can handle a mechanical watch please. It doesn't really matter about location as I expect I will have to post it.
I have my Dad's military watch and it has a loose balance wheel..it wobbles when rocking and stops when you tilt it as the cog catches. Not sure if it's come off it's seating or the seating is faulty or indeed if the shaft is broken. It needs a good old fashioned watch engineer to dismantle that bit and fix
Our local area had a couple but as they retired noone seems to step in and I don't want to use the high st front people that just send it somewhere and whack on a margin.
Many thanks
Hi..does anyon know of a good reliable watch repairer that can handle a mechanical watch please. It doesn't really matter about location as I expect I will have to post it.
I have my Dad's military watch and it has a loose balance wheel..it wobbles when rocking and stops when you tilt it as the cog catches. Not sure if it's come off it's seating or the seating is faulty or indeed if the shaft is broken. It needs a good old fashioned watch engineer to dismantle that bit and fix
Our local area had a couple but as they retired noone seems to step in and I don't want to use the high st front people that just send it somewhere and whack on a margin.
Many thanks
i've used https://www.russelltalerman.com/ had good service, workshop is on premises
I use Rob at https://www.timelordwatches.co.uk/
Based in Ely, Cambridgeshire. Charges around £100 for a strip down and service of a 2-hander dress watch. Anything more complicated will be more.
Very nice. Has that got the 15.26 movement in it?
No, that's the original movement I think. This has a modified ETA L893.6
I bought mine for my 50th last year.