Show us your watch Collection.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi..does anyon know of a good reliable watch repairer that can handle a mechanical watch please. It doesn't really matter about location as I expect I will have to post it.

I have my Dad's military watch and it has a loose balance wheel..it wobbles when rocking and stops when you tilt it as the cog catches. Not sure if it's come off it's seating or the seating is faulty or indeed if the shaft is broken. It needs a good old fashioned watch engineer to dismantle that bit and fix

Our local area had a couple but as they retired noone seems to step in and I don't want to use the high st front people that just send it somewhere and whack on a margin.

Many thanks
 

sungod

Über Member
Hi..does anyon know of a good reliable watch repairer that can handle a mechanical watch please. It doesn't really matter about location as I expect I will have to post it.

I have my Dad's military watch and it has a loose balance wheel..it wobbles when rocking and stops when you tilt it as the cog catches. Not sure if it's come off it's seating or the seating is faulty or indeed if the shaft is broken. It needs a good old fashioned watch engineer to dismantle that bit and fix

Our local area had a couple but as they retired noone seems to step in and I don't want to use the high st front people that just send it somewhere and whack on a margin.

Many thanks

i've used https://www.russelltalerman.com/ had good service, workshop is on premises
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
Hi..does anyon know of a good reliable watch repairer that can handle a mechanical watch please. It doesn't really matter about location as I expect I will have to post it.

I have my Dad's military watch and it has a loose balance wheel..it wobbles when rocking and stops when you tilt it as the cog catches. Not sure if it's come off it's seating or the seating is faulty or indeed if the shaft is broken. It needs a good old fashioned watch engineer to dismantle that bit and fix

Our local area had a couple but as they retired noone seems to step in and I don't want to use the high st front people that just send it somewhere and whack on a margin.

Many thanks

I use Rob at https://www.timelordwatches.co.uk/

Based in Ely, Cambridgeshire. Charges around £100 for a strip down and service of a 2-hander dress watch. Anything more complicated will be more.
 

sungod

Über Member
picked up mrs s's crimbo pressie, which she is unaware of, jlc's pics as i'm leaving it wrapped in its box

need to get a black strap as she'll say immediately that she must have a black strap otherwise life won't be worth living, and then she'll suggest the light strap is only because i was trolleyed when i got it, which i was as jlc poured two bottles of bubbly into me, but that's beside the point, it just comes with the light strap, and i did say "please can you get me a black strap"

705a5b5539b3e509f27380bee1475690c60e1ecf.jpeg


883e179f52fb94db6f1b50a386588e243ca7bfc9.jpeg
 
Top Bottom