Show us your watch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Genuine Chinese waving Chairman Mao watch, bought for me as a gift by my colleague, holidaying in the People's Republic.
20151004_100554.jpg

blazed

220lb+
Everyone has the time on their phones, why bother with a watch? Unless it's expensive in which case it can be worn as a fashion accessory.

The watches in this thread look cheap and tacky.

Tin Pot

Guru
It's not a watch, it's a 'timepiece', you don't 'show' it, or 'wear' it, you give it 'wrist time'. Those aren't 'dials' they are 'complication'.

I've got a couple of friends like that, though they keep it to themselves until asked.

I've been procrastinating over a new Seamaster for some time, nearly pulled the trigger on my birthday...but didn't.

image.jpeg

Drago

Legendary Member
Everyone has the time on their phones, why bother with a watch? Unless it's expensive in which case it can be worn as a fashion accessory.

The watches in this thread look cheap and tacky.

Some retorts.

A watch is a lot easier to have about one's person than a phone.

A watch won't ring and force you to speak to someone about inconsequential rubbish.

If you're a conspiracy freak you'll find watch much harder for the fascist Westminster elite ( (c) Alex Salmond) to track you.

As long as they're not pink with pictures of that Justin Beaver bloke I don't care what they look like.

My watches were cheap. The Traser nearly 200 sheets the Casio 100. Brilliant when you consider the Traser is liable to give lifetime of service, and the Casio at least a decade.

And the Navy SEALs are issued Traser watches, so instant kudos down the Brithish Legion.

I have two watches, one showing the home time zone and the other showing work time zone.
P1010377.JPG

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't worn a watch for about three years. I know this thread isn't about wearing watches but i just thought i'd mention it. The last watch i had was so complicated i could find everything but the actual time on it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I used to be ruled by my watch and it wasn't making me happy. Twenty nine years ago, I took it off one night and didn't put it back on in the morning. It was strangely liberating. I did buy a (probably fake) Swiss Railway watch on Ebay ten years ago. I wore it for a couple of months and then gave it to my wife when her own watch packed up. It's really easy to live without one. Much as I admire some of the beautiful engineering, it seems a bit daft to me to drop many grand on a timepiece that doesn't keep time any better than a three quid jobbie from Argos. BTW, I don't spend much time in the water below 12 fathoms. Why would I need that feature?

Keith Oates

Janner
A Seiko 5 for me with a white face, I've had one for several years it's not the best of time keepers as it loses about 2 minutes in 2 to 3 days but it's not expensive to buy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom