Show us your - winter hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Here's mine (parked behind my desk)... :whistle:

WP_20130206_012.jpg
Loving the Garmin on the seatpost. Have you any KOM's on Strava? :whistle:

adds21

Rider of bikes
Loving the Garmin on the seatpost. Have you any KOM's on Strava? :whistle:

Only if you divide the time by the number of wheels, squared... ^_^

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is mine, homebuilt fixed. Total cost £ 150 including purchase of bike

006.JPG

Indeed - in southern England, road cyclists tend to need an all-year-round wet-weather bike more than a winter hack, although adding tougher tyres in winter helps.

Having cycled for many years, I decided long ago that one should have a quality bike dedicated to wet weather riding, and moreover that it should be as 'good' as one's number one mudguardless fine-weather bike if possible (subject to saving the necessaries of course), due to the number of wet days' riding in this country that we have to endure

Absolutely gorgeous, I am uber-jealous!!!!!:thumbsup:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Now spring is in the air I have finally finished my winter hack, it is an 80s Raleigh Cadet (the starter model in the range) with a shimano chainset and wheels off a cheap and nasty something or other that my brother in law gave me. I will be updating the gears from thew Huret things supplied with it and putting a proper North Road h/bar on when money allows along with a better seat post. Please don't mention the blue tyres they were cheap. I have also finished my beloved first bike that she is willing to ride at the 4th attempt, It will do her til she starts riding properly then it will be off to the LBS 47 cm frames are a tad hard to come by.
DSCI0010.JPG

edit it should read my beloveds first bike

Top Bottom