show your cheap but much loved bikes!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
It's nice to see everyone's nice expensive bike's but my cheap bike gets just as much love and care as my expensive carbon.

Therefore show your Cheap but loved bike, also put what you have done to them.

OP
OP
Jamieyorky

Jamieyorky

Veteran
DSC_1058.JPG

Mine is my commuter/winter Saracen Tour 1, bought second hand off gumtree, someone had made it into a flat bar but I converted it back, shimmino unbranded gears but soon to have Sora, magic cxp30 wheelies. It's cheep and old ish at 8 years old but it's a bike I love.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's my two fave's.

The blue one is a Riverside 3 hybrid from Decathlon, it cost bugger all, and has never let me down. The red and black, is a Triban 520, a sterling bike, that takes the majority of my road miles, it cost 450 quid a couple of years back, and has been a real trooper.

Stevec047

Über Member
My £80 Ebay bike. My first road bike which when bought had naff flats grubby white bar tape and a ton of crud on the chain and cassette with some dodgy playdough brakes.

Now with new brake cables, blocks, clipless pedals, bar tape, crud catchers and now a spoon charge saddle with saddle bag. All degreased and shining like it did when it was brand new. Everything has been done on a budget and I love it.
20160402_145246.jpg

Asturpedal

Regular
Hi everybody!
This is my all-seasons bicycle. It is a second hand bicycle and I bought it about eight years ago but it works perfectly. I use it very often in my daily live to do the shopping, go for a drink and things like that and at the same time it is one of the my best friends for my leisure time and both enjoy doing toguether little trips. Even, if everything goes fine, we will be mates of work in a next future.
IMG_0057.JPG

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I recently passes my free to me Dahon folder and found derelict in a Shed Trek MTB onto a local charity that helps jobseekers and low income families without transport. The Dahon just needed somw TLC and a dab of lube here and there to make a nice little ride, The MTB was bought for £10, a bit of a project to salvage what I could from it, get it going with stuff from my bits box and I treated it to a new set of Decathlon rims and slightly sportier cassette so I had a good winter plugger and nippy summer trail rat.

There are pics around the site of them both and they only really went because the kids have belatedly got more into biking and I needed to free some more space up to keep them happy and into it

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Sorry about the bad picture. This is my Trek 970 SHX from 1997. It is still very original. It in no way fits me, as I have grown since then. So I have had to add an extra long seatpost and silly stem. However, I still have the original parts (saddle, stem, bars and fork) to refit if I want to turn it totally original again. It is one of the last USA built steel frames. It gets used as pub/utility bike and a little bit of commuting. I should have got rid of it years ago, but we have some happy memories together so I don't think it will be going anywhere and apart from its size (or my size) is perfect.

20160513_100630985_iOS.jpg

my 1994 (ish) ridgeback 604lt. ive had it since new and it cost me £120 from the warehouse sale at Madison when I worked there.

there's been a few changes, new rear wheel after the old one was run over with me attached to the bike, new bars and levers and the usual consumables in that time. I've shortened the stem and added the drops as old age is catching up on the wrists and I found the flat bar was uncomfortable.

its heavy, its ugly but its bomb proof and reliable and its now my go anywhere, do anything and leave bike.

and long may it continue.

IMAG2994.jpg

I have pulled a few bikes out of skips to renovate; a Puch Silver Shadow (spent ages scraping the old paint off but only cost involved was some spray), a Trek 3700 MTB which just needed oiling, but actually paid £15 for this Viscount Colorado. It needed a saddle (had a spare), I added tri bars instead of changing the bars to drops and swapped the wheels around from another bike.

004_zpsajbziixn.jpg

my 1994 (ish) ridgeback 604lt. ive had it since new and it cost me £120 from the warehouse sale at Madison when I worked there.

there's been a few changes, new rear wheel after the old one was run over with me attached to the bike, new bars and levers and the usual consumables in that time. I've shortened the stem and added the drops as old age is catching up on the wrists and I found the flat bar was uncomfortable.

its heavy, its ugly but its bomb proof and reliable and its now my go anywhere, do anything and leave bike.

and long may it continue.

View attachment 129106

Bloody typical. Took this to London today, hence the picture on the train.

First issue, cleat bolt on my shoe decided to disappear (not the bikes fault)cue detour to bike shop, but probably the curse of publicly praising something, then 15 miles into my canal ride form Camden to mk, and probably the furthest point from easy public transport home, my saddle snapped. Cue another detour to another bike shop..

I'm not praising anything in public again, oh no.

MiK1138

Veteran
Hi everybody!
This is my all-seasons bicycle. It is a second hand bicycle and I bought it about eight years ago but it works perfectly. I use it very often in my daily live to do the shopping, go for a drink and things like that and at the same time it is one of the my best friends for my leisure time and both enjoy doing toguether little trips. Even, if everything goes fine, we will be mates of work in a next future.
View attachment 128203
I'm no expert but i think that FRAME is broken:whistle:

Top Bottom