Showering in cycling shorts... ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mosschops2

Afternoon All.

Is it a bad idea to cycle in lycra shorts - like when arriving at work - to clean them??

Does anyone (else :thumbsup:) do that??

Blonde

Silly boy! Take them off and stand on them in the shower - that's better! Have a good 'tread' like with grapes, and, voila! Clean shorts! Dry them by wringing out once, get yerself dry and then wrap shorts in your damp towel and wring again.

Tynan

Veteran
aren't they fussy about temperature of the water and conditioner and stuff?

and I'm not sure about getting them dry again, I can't be bothering the office with damp kit

granted they'll ride dry but the padding not so much

Silly boy! Take them off and stand on them in the shower - that's better! Have a good 'tread' like with grapes, and, voila! Clean shorts!

Careful though - remember that bit in French Revolutions where he forgets to lock the bedroom door while doing this?...

;)

OP
OP
mosschops2

mosschops2

That's what I was wondering Tynan. (Haven't done anything sensible like read the care label mind!)

I can leave them in the shower room to dry - given that almost no one else uses it.

(Apart from the bloke who was in the shower this morning LOL!! When you open the door to the little shower room - you get a view onto one the bottom of the main stairs here - I dashed out of the way quick - but don't know if any one else got an eyefull!!!)

Tynan

Veteran
mine say 30 degree delicate wash and no conditioner

Tynan

Veteran
that sounds better than rolled up with the shirt and the socks inside a plastic bag

wash day today when I get home

Top Bottom