showers and wind.

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by gavroche, 29 Jul 2012.

1. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

What do you do when you have to deal with heavy showers and wind against you? Well, this is what I had to deal with on my ride this morning. So I rode between showers, sheltering in bus stops and under trees. As for the wind, it was ok coming back and somehow it didn't feel as strong then than the other way round. All that was this morning.
    Guess what? it is lovely, blue sky and sunny now. May be I should have waited till this afternoon for my ride? Only did 30 miles but 30 slow miles because of the stops and wind.

2. compo

compo Veteran

Turn over, pull up the duvet and go back to sleep.

Pat "5mph" and Paul J like this.
  3. The Brewer

The Brewer Shed Dweller

I try to head off into the wind and return with it on my back. Not too fussed about showers, I'll shelter under trees if needs be, but you dry quickly in this weather

4. Arrgghh! that wind has done my head in today!!!:wacko: Branches and leaves all over the roads make it more like October than July!:cold:

5. lordloveaduck

lordloveaduck Well-Known Member

I pretend i'm in a jacuzzi:blush:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  6. Left home this morning lovely blue sky, 15 miles in thunderstorm got soaked no jacket, another lesson learned.

7. mark c

mark c Über Member

Went out with a head wind returned with a head wind only a lot stronger struggled to keep up 13 mph:sad:

8. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

AndyRM likes this.
  9. soulful dog

soulful dog Senior Member

On Friday I cycled to where I was going with a 30+ mph tailwind and lovely sunshine. It was great.

On the way home I was doing ok with the headwind (surprisingly for me), then it started to rain. Light rain showers were forecast so thankfully I'd take my shower proof jacket with me...... of course the heavens opened and 20 minutes of cycling into what felt like horizontal rain later, I got home and flung my useless jacket in a heap along with the rest of my sodden clothes (and underwear)! Five minutes later, the sun was shining again. :cursing:

fairweatherrider likes this.
  10. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

Move down to the south coast,dry 40 miles on Friday ,sunny 70 miles yesterday ,60 today and camping at the coast seen the red arrows and a early night ,been sat on the beach for two days after rides

MattHB and fairweatherrider like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice