Shredding rubber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham1426

Set up my new Tacx Flow trainer with new trainer tyre.
Problem is after a short use I have noticed a fine dusting of tyre rubber over my trainer and the floor immediately behind the turbo.

So is my turbo resistance to light or to heavy ???

Garz

Squat Member
Standard. Trainer tyres will last longer. Try a standard one and compare to see how much rubber a normal tyre loses.

Dzzi

I've got a Tacx trainer and had the same issue as you, infact i basically melted the road tyre on my bike after one 40 minute session, little bit of rubber have stuck to the door of the utility room that i have set the trainer up in.

During this "ride" i felt an odd slipping motion as i accelerated and i think it was this that was doing the damage...ive tightend up the pressure of the roller on the rear wheel and no further tyre damage has occured....

As Garz said a proper training tyre is probably best but unless you have a spare bike or wheel this is quite a lot of Phaff.

Anyway i would tighten up the "thingy" at the back and see how it goes.

Garz

Squat Member
Only negative is the training tyres are a ball ache to get on and encourage you to give popeye a run for his money with your forearms afterwards. A tip from another CC'er was using talc and that made it easier!

:thumbsup:

endoman

I also have a Tacx Flow and have done around 1000 miles of pretty rigorous sessions on it. All with a standard Lithion 2 road tyre that had done quite a few miles on the road beforehand, no problems at all on the turbo, no signs of rubber etc.

OP
OP
Graham1426

Graham1426

I'm enjoying my turbo training sessions, i find the Tacx Flow a great bit of kit, married it up with HRM. It's amazing how the price varied for this trainer, i purchased mine from Germany for £210 delivered, so very happy.

Top Bottom