Shropshire can path first century ride planned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Well I'm only getting older, and since ive started increasing my mileage I plan my first century ride!

There's a few reasons, beating age, self esteem, remembering my mum, raising funds for rugby tour and hospice and just because I want to.

Starting in St Helens and looping round to the edge of Shropshire it's going to be tough.

I'd appreciate any company along the ride, or help promoting my fund raising, or just some words of encouragement. If you are interested in joining me or sharing information to help promotion I would be very grateful, please message me for more details

David

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi

Sharky

Guru
Good luck. Some great cycling territory in your area. Brought up at Eccleston Lane Ends and some of the rides I did with my first club are still vivid in my mind.
Buxton and back, via the "Cat",
Llangollen and back, taking the Horseshoe from the north and a terrific descent into the valley.
Kendal & back
and the best I remember was our trip to Glasfryn and back.

Too many years have passed and now in Kent, but I did a trip up a couple of years ago and cycled through Crank (a great name for a village) and to the top of Billinge. Only a 15 mile circuit, but a real challenge.

@Sharky if you ever get up this way again give me a shout, some nice roads around crank and kings moss

Sharky

Guru
Crank hill is higher steeper and harder than mount vonteux

Billings isn't possible by any human

That's what I believe and no end of posts suggesting someone managed it will convince me otherwise :smile:
I guess you haven't taken the ride out of Frodsham then, to the top of the hill?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
That's nice ride once you get past Windle Island ( I remember when it was an Island). Good cycle path along side the bypass, but can be windy.

Making me all nostalgic this thread!

And there's lots of various routes and country lanes you can take, nice cup of tea on the beech front and cycle back

Theynhave just spent 6 months upgrading windle island......again!

Top Bottom