Shy cat whispering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If he's not happy he makes this low growling noise unlike anything I've heard from a cat. Fortunately, I only have a couple of words in Catspeak so I can't take offence.
Our cat only does that on 2 occasions. Both mean 'Leave me alone - or else'.
From behind the sofa after a bath, memorably after running and pouncing at a fly which was buzzing over the pond at the time. A very wet and pond weed covered animal was having a bath before being allowed anywhere else in the house.
Also at the vets, and she really doesn't like the vet. We ended up buying a crush cage to take her in as getting her out of the carrier to be examined involved body armour.

Mrs M

Guru
image.jpg
This was Charlie, I took her in as a feral kitten, to tame her for re homing for the Cats Protection when she was tiny.
But, she was scared of everything, so I had to keep her. :ohmy:
She could be a right wee bag when she wanted but also very gentle.
When I was hobbling around on crutches for months she stuck to my side and followed me everywhere, also used to lie up against my crocked back to keep it warm.
Had this little lady for almost 19 years :wub:.

OP
OP
RedRider

RedRider

Pulling through
Just read the original post. My Alice was like that when she first came home. Somewhere is a picture of the poor baby when she first arrived, huddled in the corner with a toy looking all sweet and adorable. Now, what 7 years later, she's horrendously overweight, obnoxious, generally unpleasant on approach and at times pretty darn evil to the dog. (But we love her to bits.) She was abandoned in a flat with a truck load of food and a feral cat. How she survived i've no idea but the damage was done. She avoids most house guests, eats all the food she can get including a wide variety of wildlife and whatever the neighbours throw out for the birds too. But what really is the massive secret...? She's not really horrible at all. Every morning like clockwork she comes in my room chatting on, jumps on the bed and snuggles in telling me if it's raining or who she's seen and chased off during the night. She lays with me, tongue half hanging out as she enjoys a nice cuddle and tummy rub. Sometimes if im really lucky i get a headbutt or she has been known very rarely to give a lick, then just buggars off out for the rest of the day. It's her way of surviving. Being hard as nails and the weight she's at, she'd survive a zombie apocalypse too but she owns my heart and we accept her, just as she is:wub:
She sounds a character, it's great she's got someone who loves her.

Monkey's over his shyness now and is good around people and generally happy.

It's his second summer with the freedom to come and go as he pleases and it's done him the world of good.

He's pretty anxious about food tho and would eat until sick if it were there. I know he too spent time locked in a flat and wonder if that's a factor.

Our cat only does that on 2 occasions. Both mean 'Leave me alone - or else'.
From behind the sofa after a bath, memorably after running and pouncing at a fly which was buzzing over the pond at the time. A very wet and pond weed covered animal was having a bath before being allowed anywhere else in the house.
Also at the vets, and she really doesn't like the vet. We ended up buying a crush cage to take her in as getting her out of the carrier to be examined involved body armour.
I think I'd make a low growling noise too if I were dripping with pond weed!
It's definitely a stay away sound. The only time I heard it recently was when he'd brought a r- sorry, very large dead mouse into the house and I went to get it from him.

Mrs M

Guru
We met a neighbour at the weekend in the local supermarket.
She has a 6 month old female house cat and apparently our Thomas has been visiting her regularly. :wub:
He sits on the fence opposite their window and chirps away to her, she replies and they have this wee conversation going.
But, he needs to decide, as he quite fancies the wee girl next door also. :smile:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
We met a neighbour at the weekend in the local supermarket.
She has a 6 month old female house cat and apparently our Thomas has been visiting her regularly. :wub:
He sits on the fence opposite their window and chirps away to her, she replies and they have this wee conversation going.
But, he needs to decide, as he quite fancies the wee girl next door also. :smile:
Methinks Toms like hareems........:secret:

Top Bottom