Shy cat whispering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How did i miss this thread. He looks fab .

I collected a small bundle of 2yr old fur from the RSPCA in September.
Sasha is a brave little puss, happy to have a look but every now and again she retreats behind me. She has a cat flap that operates from her microchip so no collar . Slight downside at the moment is she is getting bullied by a neighbouring female cat however i have recently discovered she has suitors lining up at the garden gate for my girl so this could literally be a cat fight over boyfriends.
Anyway here is Sasha
View attachment 90638
Another shot of a small Sasha :wub: 20141101_222052.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tabby cats are lovely, but Tortie/Callico as They say in the U.S. Are grumpy buggers.

We've had two tabbies, down to one now, but both great, but don't pick us up.

The torty that arrived about 8 years ago when the other two were 10 is a grumpy bugger. She is very soft, will let the kids pick her up, put her belly up, but my god, does she growl and complain... That said she doesn't swipe back, and the other two would have done..

Try telling kids that cats hate being picked up......

MarkF

Guru
Take it back and get a proper one. We have 3, my daughter chose the last one, it's 2.5 years old now and a bag of nerves, always has been.

I once had 2 cats with no names, they were known as big cat and little cat (on the vets records too) I am sure they were not bothered.

Over a year on and Toby is still living in perpetual fear of being gobbled up at any moment by "something". Getting him in for food or for the night is an hour of peek a boo, it's drives me nuts, he's a useless cat, first cat that I've ever had that I want to go missing.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Just read the original post. My Alice was like that when she first came home. Somewhere is a picture of the poor baby when she first arrived, huddled in the corner with a toy looking all sweet and adorable. Now, what 7 years later, she's horrendously overweight, obnoxious, generally unpleasant on approach and at times pretty darn evil to the dog. (But we love her to bits.) She was abandoned in a flat with a truck load of food and a feral cat. How she survived i've no idea but the damage was done. She avoids most house guests, eats all the food she can get including a wide variety of wildlife and whatever the neighbours throw out for the birds too. But what really is the massive secret...? She's not really horrible at all. Every morning like clockwork she comes in my room chatting on, jumps on the bed and snuggles in telling me if it's raining or who she's seen and chased off during the night. She lays with me, tongue half hanging out as she enjoys a nice cuddle and tummy rub. Sometimes if im really lucky i get a headbutt or she has been known very rarely to give a lick, then just buggars off out for the rest of the day. It's her way of surviving. Being hard as nails and the weight she's at, she'd survive a zombie apocalypse too but she owns my heart and we accept her, just as she is:wub:

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 28
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 23
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom