"Sick-feeling" when on the drops.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Recently I've noticed that if I'm on the drop and pushing it on the flat or downhill, I'm starting to get a sick feeling in my throat; sometimes a slight bile taste in the mouth.

Any rational explanation for this? Only get it on the drops - if I'm pushing the same speed and energy on the hoods, nothing.

Norm

Drink more.

OP
OP
LosingFocus

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Drink more.

If you insist Norm, mines an Old Speckled cheers.

Seriously, I dont think under-hydrated on my rides. Always make sure Ive had a couple of pints of water in hte hour or so before going out and usually finish a 750ml bottle over the course of 15 miles.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Indigestion. Try not to gulp air when you swallow water and try munching a Rennie before a ride to reduce the acidity of the stomach contents.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Reflux comes to mind.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
mmm what waist size? i had the same when i was how shall we say er more rotund? my answer was sonme tri bars so things were not so compressed, it got better as i lost weight, then i tryed going up a frame size and its so comfortable on the drops i preffer it

loops

Gastric reflux as you are putting pressure on your chest by cramping over, drinking loads of water just before going out will make it worse. If your getting now due to body position its likely you will start to get it at other times, easily solved if caught early by some diet adjustments, google for lists of foods/drinks that make this worse.

loops

Top Bottom