Sick, sick bastards!

i dont get it i dont know why most of my mates have had it or are having it at the mo but i seem not to get it?
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
I've avoided it so far, the wife has been bad the last couple of weeks and the kids too. I've hit the snuffles with loads of fruit and vit supplements and it's caught it in time.........phew !
 

freakhatz

New Member
Oh yes, you have my sympathy indeed as I too am laid up:sad:

I expect to be up and about again around mid-January but they are being a bit cagey about a date. Still I'd rather be laid low in the bleak winter months..
 

col

Veteran
Man flu is the worst there is,get well soon.

Just been signed off today,stress related stuff.I suppose its good timing,worse four days of the year ahead in my job.Anyone heard of Fluoxetine?
 
col said:
Man flu is the worst there is,get well soon.

Just been signed off today,stress related stuff.I suppose its good timing,worse four days of the year ahead in my job.Anyone heard of Fluoxetine?
Ekk! That's not to be sniffed at! Make sure you have a really good rest and don't go back to work until you feel fully ready to. Fluoxetine is basically Prozac iirc...
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
col said:
Man flu is the worst there is,get well soon.

Just been signed off today,stress related stuff.I suppose its good timing,worse four days of the year ahead in my job.Anyone heard of Fluoxetine?
Yes. It's Prozac isn't it? I know someone who was on it for a while... Didn't entirely suit him, but no antidepessant seems to be without problems, well, at least for some people. It seems to be a very individual sort of thing....


Hope you feel more on top of it all soon.
 

col

Veteran
Kirstie said:
Ekk! That's not to be sniffed at! Make sure you have a really good rest and don't go back to work until you feel fully ready to. Fluoxetine is basically Prozac iirc...


Oh dear,i see.Two months supply,and off for a week,another visit to the docs at the end of january.My boss's wont be happy,we are struggling for drivers at the mo.
 

col

Veteran
Arch said:
Yes. It's Prozac isn't it? I know someone who was on it for a while... Didn't entirely suit him, but no antidepessant seems to be without problems, well, at least for some people. It seems to be a very individual sort of thing....


Hope you feel more on top of it all soon.
Ta,im sure i will:smile:

Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.
 

Arch

Married to Night Train
Location
Salford, UK
col said:
Ta,im sure i will:smile:

Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.
Well, if you ever want to chat about anything, PM me. I'll be a bit intermittant after Firday, not sure I'll have access, but I'll get back eventually...
 

Jaded

New Member
had it now for two weeks, starting with a sore throat and a nose stuffed full of slime, moved into a fever - floating round the room, then finally a shoot cough that brings tears to my eyes and leaves me gasping for breath.

Get well soon. :biggrin:
 

col

Veteran
Arch said:
Well, if you ever want to chat about anything, PM me. I'll be a bit intermittant after Firday, not sure I'll have access, but I'll get back eventually...

Thanks,nice offer.:biggrin:
 
Oh well I had the stitches out of my hand today after my operation last week. Alongside the 'having a local anaesthetic is just a scratch' medical myth, I would like to add the 'having stitches out doesn't hurt' as well. I nearly passed out. Byak.

One indisputable fact, however, is that I am a great big gayer when it comes to these things, just like all you fellas claiming to be at death's door from man flu :biggrin:
 
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Arch said:
Well, if you ever want to chat about anything, PM me. I'll be a bit intermittant after Firday, not sure I'll have access, but I'll get back eventually...
If my throat gets any worse I may have to PM you as well Arch.

Jashburnham, you have a sofa at work? :biggrin:

Thanks for the sympathy and understanding Magnatom! :biggrin::thumbsup:

Col, sorry to hear about your troubles, hope the new year sees some positive change for you.

All the best to anyone who is similarly laid up. :smile::smile:
 

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Location
Bristol
domtyler said:
Thanks guys, feeling better already! I have just had one of these:

Adult's Hot Toddy Recipe

I love this one - especially with a fine malt - you don't need to be poorly to enjoy it!

Ingredients For An Adult Hot Toddy Drink
I was brought up on the stuff :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:- parents from Ireland, even forced one of my sisters who was teetotal to drink it:ohmy:... it was even given if I couldn't sleep ... which I often couldn't mmmhh!!:biggrin:

Even now if I can't get to sleep or have a cold its a hot toddy I will seek unless I'm really under the weather and need to hit the paracetamol. I'm not sure it does much for the cold ... but at least you don't feel so bad.
 
Top Bottom