Side swiped by RLJ who got nowhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Femto

So, I'm waiting at some red traffic lights, signalling left (unlike the car in front who wasn't until we set off)
and some genius comes up my inside in the gutter, HITS MY ARM with his shoulder and sails through the red light.
Got precisely nowhere as seconds later, I caught up and breezed past.
He may have heard me suggesting that red means stop but he had his diePod on.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlT03VNlxPA[/media]

Undertook as well....what a mup.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Pull his headphones out of his ears on your way past :angry:

Breathe.......1.2.3.4.....Breathe. the new me would just smile as I sailed past him, dropping down a gear and accelerating away.

The old me would have pulled up sharply in front of him, signalled for him to remove his earphone and then asked him what the f... he thought he was playing at.

I applaud your calmness.

Well done for zooming past him.

Idiots come in all sizes and modes of transport unfortunately.

Slightly O/T, for the set of lights you're stopped at, when the lights change from red at 47 seconds in, I noticed the amber and green are actually flashing, and then it looks like the green on its own remains steady. I assume it's a quirk of the actual camera and because the traffic lights are LED ones. Do all LED traffic lights show up on cameras that way?

Hmmm. What was it I was saying in another thread about selective editing. So what really happened when you caught up with him. ;)

Seriously though, total muppet who will get his comeuppance if he keeps riding like that.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Hmmm. What was it I was saying in another thread about selective editing. So what really happened when you caught up with him. ;)
Sharp blow to the back of the head as you zoomed past.....?
biggrin.gif

A nice turn of speed on your part after the lights changed, I thought!

Slightly O/T, for the set of lights you're stopped at, when the lights change from red at 47 seconds in, I noticed the amber and green are actually flashing, and then it looks like the green on its own remains steady. I assume it's a quirk of the actual camera and because the traffic lights are LED ones. Do all LED traffic lights show up on cameras that way?

LED as you probably know are either on or off to the human eye, they are perceived on due to the frequency of this transition. A camera captures them in both states and when played back at a frame rate of say 30fps they appear to be flashing as this is a lower frequency. I hope that make sense but you're probably more confused now :wacko:

Howard

LED as you probably know are either on or off to the human eye, they are perceived on due to the frequency of this transition. A camera captures them in both states and when played back at a frame rate of say 30fps they appear to be flashing as this is a lower frequency. I hope that make sense but you're probably more confused now :wacko:

The RLJer is a dick. I find a good yawn and stretch blocking the inside path helps prevent this kind of sillyness.

Nil points for undertaking the car on the junction though, right? Appreciate that he wasn't indicating, but I would have backed off until it was clear what he was doing.

OP
OP
Femto

Femto

The RLJer is a dick. I find a good yawn and stretch blocking the inside path helps prevent this kind of sillyness.

Nil points for undertaking the car on the junction though, right? Appreciate that he wasn't indicating, but I would have backed off until it was clear what he was doing.

You are correct of course. If I'd known that the car was going to turn left, I would never have done that but I saw the side repeater come on as I crossed the line and put the hammer down. As for yawn and stretch; I had my arm out, signalling left and that's what the RLJer collided with. No real harm done but it's stuff like that which gives other road users a bad impression. By the way, he went on the pavement and over a pedestrian crossing while I waited in the ASL at the next set of lights. I passed him again when the lights changed.:whistle:

Top Bottom