Sidewall split

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Strewth @T4tomo
I never knew there were that many, or that many variations on each route.
I wonder if anyone has ridden them all?
I imagine not because once you've done one or two you'd probably choose something else, plus A to B routes are a logistical faff. The Reivers and Hadrians routes I believe came about as "return to where you left your car when you started the C2C to make a nice circular tour".

There is also Coast to Coast in a day Sportive which uses none of those routes, but a fairly brutal 150 mile from Seascale (nr Ravenglass on map above) to Whitby. I think its running this Saturday if still on?

I did a charity ride about 6 years ago that was Morecambe to RHB (nr. Whitby) but also managed to take in part of the previous year TdeF stage over Buttertubs etc. on route. I think that worked out at 275 miles over 3 days - all on roads.

Plenty of ways to cross the North!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We're riding Morecambe to Robin Hood's Bay in mid July. At 126 miles it's one of the shortest. We start at 07.00 and hope to be finished by 17.00.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We're riding Morecambe to Robin Hood's Bay in mid July. At 126 miles it's one of the shortest. We start at 07.00 and hope to be finished by 17.00.
You had a different route planner to us :laugh:. Day 2 was Skipton to York via most of the Yorkshire Dales turning a 50 mile journey into a scenic 120 mile day out!!

Enjoy, and don't underestimate the NY Moors, very undulating with some short sharp climbs on tired legs at the end of the day.

OP
OP
Scotchlovingcylist

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Logistically like T4 says its a faff. Train out to Morcambe at 6 am. 4 changes to make it £22 each instead of £68. Gets us there 10:30. Need to fuel up and first hotel we could find available and affordable is near Harrogate which makes for a big first day.
Second day will finish in Pocklington which will be nicer.
Third day to Bridlington then ride down to Hull where we live which makes for a bit more of a big last day like.
Having said that looking forward to it and something I've always wanted to do.
A friend of mine is doing one of the versions finishing in Robin Hoods Bay in a day for charity this weekend. Will have a support car at various places and there are a fair few riding it. He also said logistically that has been a pain and hasn't had to find hotels, trains etc.

Anyway in reference to the tyre, new one on way ^_^

PaulSB

Legendary Member
You had a different route planner to us :laugh:. Day 2 was Skipton to York via most of the Yorkshire Dales turning a 50 mile journey into a scenic 120 mile day out!!

Enjoy, and don't underestimate the NY Moors, very undulating with some short sharp climbs on tired legs at the end of the day.
I don't know which of our gang plotted it. I just mentioned "that looks like fun" and next thing I know is I've been added to the group! Not even asked. 😂😂

Yep. Lived in Yorkshire for four years so I know what's ahead though as is my way I don't think about it till I get to the bottom of the climb!!

I'd ride home on it but I'd replace it

Top Bottom