Sigma wireless bike computer 1200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noelinspain

Über Member
Recently bought this Sigma bike computer from Decathlon in Malaga but find the fitting instructions for mounting the sensor to the front fork with rubber band incomprehensible. I'm getting more and more frustrated. I've tried every which way but nothing works. Don't fancy driving the 40km back to the store just to ask their advice and too embarrassed to go to local bike shop. Can anyone help?

rusky

CC Addict

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've got the same model on one bike. If I remember rightly there were 2 bands supplied, the larger one presumably for carbon forks. They're under a surprising amount of tension. I think I had to lever the band on using the tip of a screwdriver. With the sensor in front of the fork, parallel with the wheel, the band stretches from the groove on the wheel side around the back and into the grooves on the outside.

Note: I did find that with one light handlebar-mounted, the computer misbehaved. It might be best to remove the light while fitting.

And an oddity: if you think in terms of miles you get the temperature read out in Fahrenheit. No choice, you're either imperial or decimal and never the twain...

OP
OP
Noelinspain

Noelinspain

Über Member
Just to clarify - the model is:
Sigma wireless bike computer 1200

Different from the one in the YouTube video, which appears to show the two grooves facing opposite directions. The problem with mine is that they face the same direction, so that whatever I do to with the rubber band, it keeps slipping off. I give up and may well go cap in hand, after all, to my local bike shop - they know me and, especially if I buy a little something, they may not pull a face if I ask them to fit the sensor for me!! Thanks for your help guys..

hanney

I'm having exactly the same problem! So glad it's not just me. Did you find out how to do it in the end?
Thanks

OP
OP
Noelinspain

Noelinspain

Über Member
Hi Hanney! No, still not fixed, but I hope to have an opportunity next Saturday to go back to the store where I bought it. Will post the result!

OP
OP
Noelinspain

Noelinspain

Über Member
Well, the mechanic at Decathlon fitted the sensor in a jiffy, though he took the wheel off for ease of access. The rubber band has to go into the same slot twice - a procedure I'd not worked out! But it still seems very precarious - maybe some super glue would help!!!!!

Top Bottom