Signs of Spring in North Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On Saturday, I mowed both lawns for the first time this year and got a box and a half of grass off them. The local blackbirds are gathering nesting material and the hawthorn hedge is coming into leaf.

Maz

Guru
It was definitely warm today (and yesterday). Feels like summer at last.

Reminds me I must go back to Wales this year...went swimming in Glaslyn last time - not sure I should've been in there but oh well...What a beautiful place.

Do you get plenty of tourists in Llangollen?

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
You must live a fair way up some mountain Patrick. The lawns here at sea level needed mowing in February!

But mowing lawns in mid winter is just wrong, so I resisted until March. However by then, everything was about a foot high and it was a struggle to hack it down. I certainly think it was the earliest start ever.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Tim Bennet. said:
You must live a fair way up some mountain Patrick. The lawns here at sea level needed mowing in February!

But mowing lawns in mid winter is just wrong, so I resisted until March. However by then, everything was about a foot high and it was a struggle to hack it down. I certainly think it was the earliest start ever.

Patrick has actually been mowing since March, but such is the acreage at Chateau Stevens that he's only just finished...

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Maz said:

Reminds me I must go back to Wales this year...went swimming in Glaslyn last time - not sure I should've been in there but oh well...What a beautiful place.

Do you get plenty of tourists in Llangollen?

Only when the weather is good. Because it has been so cold and wet, there haven't been many around so far this year.

girofan

Maz said:

If you had been a few days earlier Maz, you could have swam on Patrick's lawn!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, I cut mine friday night, needed doing again by yesterday - not re-cut it yet though. Weeded and feeded a couple of weeks ago, and the 'feed' has really kicked in now - growing like crazy, and lush green...Fab.

Must remember not to feed again till I get back from hols, or the house would be in a jungle.

We - me and Cheryl - were in Llangollen on Sunday. Couldn't find a parking space anywhere, so we had to go to the Ponderosa Cafe instead. £1.70 for a plate of chips!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps needless to say, we had a coffee instead. Just out of principle you understand.

Top Bottom