Sigur Ross...where do I start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The question is in the title really, I caught the end of a documentary with them and thought they were my kinda thing...but they have so many albums and it seems they're probably all different. So where is the starting point? What's good on youtube from them?

Abitrary

I bought the first album, and was quite into it, but the novelty soon wore off. Would still listen to about 1 song on it.

Start with "Takk" then the "untitled" album. And go from there basically.

Takk has tracks you would of heard before, and as Arbitrary has said try the Cocteau Twins as well, "Heaven or Las Vegas" is probably their most commercial sounding album, though I do have a soft spot for "Bluebell Knoll"

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks guys...some of those tracks have a certain familiarity...and very haunting, I'll check-out more of their stuff before leaping int purchases!

never listened to the Cocteau Twins...never too late I guess.

I remember a customer visiting us and we got talking and remarked her accent was a mixture of what sounded like Italian and Scandinavian. She said her mother was Icelandic and her father was Italian. so I went out the back and grabbed "Ágætis byrjun" and asked her to translate the track listings for me. I can't remember what she said they were all now but she laughed at one and said another was something like "wide eyed elf".

Top Bottom