Silly BMX Riders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
as they crossed your path you should have yelled, 'ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!' just to get a reaction :biggrin:

kedab

Veteran
i see it from all sorts of different cyclists in cambridge - the other evening coming back from work, there's a middle aged lady on a BSO in front of me - she lets the traffic going our direction pass her, checks her shoulder then moves to the middle of the road - i pass her a this point wondering what on earth she's up to...she stops on the centre line waits for a gap in the oncoming traffic, chucks a 180 and sets off again :ohmy: i was most perplexed i have to say

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
i see it from all sorts of different cyclists in cambridge - the other evening coming back from work, there's a middle aged lady on a BSO in front of me - she lets the traffic going our direction pass her, checks her shoulder then moves to the middle of the road - i pass her a this point wondering what on earth she's up to...she stops on the centre line waits for a gap in the oncoming traffic, chucks a 180 and sets off again :ohmy: i was most perplexed i have to say
A u turn from the white line. That is class.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
They are kids on BMXs, FFS! BMXs are for fun. If you're going fast enough to run them over, then you're going too fast. It doesn't look like a blind bend anyway - they can see through/past/over the railings to see what's coming round the corner.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They are kids on BMXs, FFS! BMXs are for fun. If you're going fast enough to run them over, then you're going too fast. It doesn't look like a blind bend anyway - they can see through/past/over the railings to see what's coming round the corner.
So fun equates to no need to be safe does it? A mini is a fun car, does that mean a driver of one can take more risks than a serious Volvo or Saab driver? To put some perspective on things it is a 30mph road and I was doing about 10mph at the time. I ride that road everyday an it is a blind bend I can assure you.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
So fun equates to no need to be safe does it? A mini is a fun car, does that mean a driver of one can take more risks than a serious Volvo or Saab driver? To put some perspective on things it is a 30mph road and I was doing about 10mph at the time. I ride that road everyday an it is a blind bend I can assure you.

I only watched it cos the title led me to believe they might be pulling some cool stunts in the middle of the road or something! As it was they were just crossing the road on a bit of a diagonal. I do it on foot all the time. I don't get what the fuss is about. The car analogy is false - BMXs aren't dangerous to others. They exist to break the rules. Were you rooting for the police when you watched E.T.?

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I only watched it cos the title led me to believe they might be pulling some cool stunts in the middle of the road or something! As it was they were just crossing the road on a bit of a diagonal. I do it on foot all the time. I don't get what the fuss is about. The car analogy is false - BMXs aren't dangerous to others. They exist to break the rules. Were you rooting for the police when you watched E.T.?
Even crossing the road like that on foot is stupid. Do you have children or children in your family you care about? If so would you condone those actions and treat them as fun?

Re The Mini ref. Have you not seen "The Italian Job"? Just as valid as the E.T reference.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Even crossing the road like that on foot is stupid. Do you have children or children in your family you care about? If so would you condone those actions and treat them as fun?

Re The Mini ref. Have you not seen "The Italian Job"? Just as valid as the E.T reference.

It's a big fuss over nothing, AFS. This is the spot, right? I'd cross the road there. Some people wouldn't. That's their call. I don't approve of those railings/barriers - they give the impression to motorists that pedestrians are being kept out of the way, and encourage them to take the roundabout faster.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It's a big fuss over nothing, AFS. This is the spot, right? I'd cross the road there. Some people wouldn't. That's their call. I don't approve of those railings/barriers - they give the impression to motorists that pedestrians are being kept out of the way, and encourage them to take the roundabout faster.
Yes, that is the spot. There is a safe bridge that takes you over the road or a much safer place to cross after the bridge. The barriers are there as their is a train station above the bridge and thd pavements get pretty crowded at times. You didn't answer my question about Children btw.

Top Bottom