Simoncini

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well i have been looking for either a Simoncini frame or full bike for quite a while , watched numerous rusty and scruffy ones come and go then there have been others that were very tidy and go for silly money. I even contacted the Simoncini family who have been great in trying to help me find one and have offered me a selection of frames but by the time you add carriage from Italy they get rather expensive .

So when i saw Simon on e bay recently i thought that will do and began stalking it . Limited info was on the advert so had to gleam as much as i could from the pictures included , and i could see a mixture of 105 & 600 mechanisms and a nice Stronglight crankset , mavic ma2 rimmed wheels built on unidentified hubs , an awful long 130mm stem and some nice bars and a very clean frame with a nice colour scheme topped off with a nice Rolls saddle . All made with Zero Uno 18 MCDV6 Micro Alloyed tubing .

simo4.jpg
simo1.jpg
simo2.jpg
simo3.jpg

So imagine my delight when i see super curvy rear stays , hidden rear brake cable , campagnola hubs , 105 headset and calipers with a lot of other parts like pedals ,toe clips , chain , brake pads , stem , bars and tape all looking new . The sellers who were great did not have a clue what they were handing over , they were happy .

gareth01244

Über Member
Lovely looking bike that looks like its had a cherished life, definitely a keeper.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Very nice. They are lovely frames, I also secured a bargain, poorly listed Columbus SLX one in the last year or so, and its weasled its way into my affections to such an extent its taken the mantle of my favourite long distance bike.

The Simoncini 'hands in the air victory salute' logo has got to be my favourite too. I note your one is the engraved version, very nice, I've just got the sticker version.
P1020344_zpsa5sbntpq.jpg

Happy riding^_^:bicycle:, I've never met another Simoncini out on the road but I'm going to do a no handed Simoncini salute if I ever do.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Very nice. They are lovely frames, I also secured a bargain, poorly listed Columbus SLX one in the last year or so, and its weasled its way into my affections to such an extent its taken the mantle of my favourite long distance bike.

The Simoncini 'hands in the air victory salute' logo has got to be my favourite too. I note your one is the engraved version, very nice, I've just got the sticker version.
P1020344_zpsa5sbntpq.jpg

Happy riding^_^:bicycle:, I've never met another Simoncini out on the road but I'm going to do a no handed Simoncini salute if I ever do.

must admit i wanted the pantographed frame and i am looking forward to riding it

That's a proper job that is. It looks a little more than 59cm to me, probably more my size in fact :rolleyes:

must admit not measured it but the bottom bracket shell is stamped 59

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very Nice. :becool:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Very nice, even complete with its frame pump. Get those bars rotated back to horizontal at the bottom though! ;)

Top Bottom