Simulator system requirements?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cb300

Hi I'd be interested to know what pc specs people are using with the simulator? I've seen on Bkool's website the minimum requirements they recommend but I'm having some issues with my laptop freezing low quality video (9 years old and 3gb ram win 7 ,fibre broadband) would like to know if there is a "real world " system requirements to have.
Thanks C

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
9 years old, blimey that's almost an antique ...

The Fibre broadband should be up to it, but if you are using a wireless connection it can be very poor, especially if the laptop is using 9 year old protocols like 802.11b or 11g.

I would recommend a wired link, or if you can't get a wire to it, use powerline adapters, av200 or preferably av500 or faster.

Does the laptop have a dedicated graphics chip in it, or is it integrated onto the CPU?

I expect a 9 year old mobile (laptop) graphics chipset would be a bit lacking, especially if it is integrated into the CPU.

Have you tried any 3D?
When I first tried Bkool 3D with an old (not that old) laptop I just got a road floating in mid air. When I moved to a desktop PC with a proper graphics card all the flowers and sky, etc. appeared... :hyper:

Geoff

OP
OP
C

Cb300

Cheers Geoff, lol I know it's a antique laptop ! New one coming next week:-) I've got a wired connection via home plug as its a little weak on the wifi signal in the garage . Only done gps video rides so far copes ok with slow up hill routes ok but today was going fast on the flat and decents 9 miles into it I had a serious freeze up ! Needed to force shutdown laptop and had to start all over again ! Don't think it likes the fast moving video. Looking forward to the new laptop 8gb ram ,quad core ,hd graphics card etc but getting addicted to Bkool absolutely love choosing iconic places to ride! Never thought I'd like indoor cycling so much!
Chris

Top Bottom