Single Cleat bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisRicho

I need to locate one for my spd sl shoes.

Can anyone suggest somewhere in York, as my lbs didn't have one and i dont finish work till 5.30.

Finding it hard to locate apart from mail order.

OP
OP
ChrisRicho

ChrisRicho

Need the rectangle bracket also. I don't think this is possible is it?

Going to have to buy a new set of cleats!

Norm

I've just been to my LBS where they gave me a couple. But it's in Windsor rather than York so no ruddy good for you. I hope that you got something sorted.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Bike shops don't generally have spare cleat bolts as the old ones never make it back to the shop.
Get new cleats, and make sure to get into the habit of keeping the old bolts when replacing cleats (or anything else).

OP
OP
ChrisRicho

ChrisRicho

Thanks for the advice.

Glad i have taken a nice cheap hobby up!
whistling.gif

potsy

Rambler
Chris- I might be able to get hold of some this week, need to check compatibility tomorrow.
Happy to send you a couple if I do :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Chris- I have some that should do the job, they are not 100% the same as the originals but I will be trying one on mine as soon as I get the stubborn rounded off one out of there.
Main difference is they are a smaller hex key fit, looks like a 2mm instead of the usual 4mm?

If you're not in a rush for one I'll get mine sorted and tested, or I can send you a couple anyway and you decide for yourself whether to use them.

PM me your adress if you want them :thumbsup:

Edit- Just noticed yours are spd-sl, am assuming they are the same size but not sure :wacko:

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
if you are truely stuck and need a temp fix til you can get a proper screw, the screws that hold the disc brake rotors on to MTB wheels usually fit the SPD cleats.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Try EBC they have them at £6.99 for 6 and your nearest branches are Leeds and Sheffield. Or £5.99 from CRC. Last week (Friday afternoon) I ordered a chainring nut wrench from CRC and it came Saturday.

Top Bottom