Single speed conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apb

Veteran
Here's a few snaps of my single speed conversion of a 1990 (i think) Raleigh frame i got from the bike station.

Just waiting on a new saddle (Charge spoon) that I've got a back order and may adjust the brake levers to make for a more comfortable ride. Other than that it's on the road.

http://www.cyclechat.net/useralbums/single-speed-project.283/view

Questions and criticisms welcome.

I asked a few questions on CC during this build, so thanks for the help.

colly

Re member eR
Nice one !
Did you do the painting yourself? What about the hubs ? What make? How did you get on with lacing the wheel ?

OP
OP
A

apb

Veteran
Hi colly

I got a metal restorer to do the frame. For £55 he removed the old Gear bosses, bead blasted it to remove the old paint and the powder coated it. He is a really great guy who is great at what he does and has done quite a few frames before.

The hub are large flange miche PrImato, they were worth the extra cost as they look the business.

When it came to lacing the wheel I watched a few videos on YouTube and then re built my wheel off my commuter. The pattern pretty easy to follow but I twice laced it wrong but it obvious that you have as some spokes just won't fit, so you just need to start again.

Hope that helps

OP
OP
A

apb

Veteran
very nice

the wheels look great

Yeah I couldn't find set off the shelf that I really liked, so decided to roll my own. I really wanted silver hardware and black rims. It was between these halo rims and some mavic's , the price of the halo's was the decider.

OP
OP
A

apb

Veteran
Your patio needs weeding though :biggrin:

Is that an offer?

Top Bottom