Singletrack on the Great Divide - Colorado segments?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobHeitz

Buddies and I are discussing doing the Great Divide route from northern Colorado to the New Mexico border. Is the Great Divide route in Colorado all dirt and gravel roads or is there some singletrack also?
Bob

si_c

Guru
Looks to be mostly gravel or dirt roads. This might help https://bikepacking.com/routes/great-divide-mountain-bike-route-gdmbr/.

mustang1

Guru
Read this:
Dividing the Great
by John Metcalfe. Hugely funny and entertaining. It might answer your Q or it might not, but it's really funny. And actually rather informative.

OP
OP
BobHeitz

BobHeitz

Read this:
Dividing the Great
by John Metcalfe. Hugely funny and entertaining. It might answer your Q or it might not, but it's really funny. And actually rather informative.
Thx for the tip. So, is that a book or an online article?

mustang1

Guru
Thx for the tip. So, is that a book or an online article?

A book. Years ago I was interested in doing some long rides before I realised it's not really possible for me so now i just read books about people going on long journeys and John Metcalfe's was a rather funny one. I've got to read that again sometime soon.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I did Kremmling to Abiquiu (Denver to Albuquerqe in terms of airports) a fair few years ago.
All gravel/dirt/tarmac roads apart from some cycle track around Silverthorn & Breckenridge.
Roughest was rough landy track, butthat was into New Mexico.

Top Bottom