Siouxsie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She is 62 years old now but as she's worth £4m she might think you're just after her money.
Have lost touch - how did she make 4 million.
And got to ask how you know.
Saw her years after her peak at a gig in Shepherd's bush.
Was OK - seem to remember her wearing one of those spangly tops I always associated with women of a certain age who listened to the old radio 2.

...yeah but a big part of the punk ethos was to shock normal people. Anyway it's a Hindu symbol dating back hundreds, if not thousands of years. Just because the Nazis adopted it for a decade or so shouldn't mean its actual meaning should be lost forever.
well that pic very definitely doesn't show it as a Hindu symbol.
And there's shock as in justified satire/attacking complacency and just being an offensive immature ***.

I'm 60 and was a fan of hers until I saw her wearing that. There's no excuse under any circumstances. No excuses at all. She was fully aware of the significance of the swastika - probably more aware because the 70s were so much nearer to the actual events than today - so the so-called defence of 'stupidity of youth' is the same as the auld 'following orders' nonsense.
well said PaulB - and as for the oddball point above about folk somehow being "less aware" in the 70s (hell the crap that gets thrown at that decade) I seem to remember an esteemed series called The World at War in the 70s - and a particular episode that showed what those latter day Hindus got up to.

I thought I'd seen her car yesterday in Thornes Park (Wakefield)
I certainly misread it from a distance, or my brain wanted it to read that way?

DSCF9651.JPG

Top Bottom