Sir Brian May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always wondered why despite his many public hats besides music, he had not had the knighthood. And that is in comparison to many who did receive the knighthood.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
He probably badgered them into making the award...

geocycle

Legendary Member
Sounds an interesting chap. The proposal forms for honours place emphasis on leadership in the community and chosen field. Too many get reward for being good at their jobs and the criteria are bent to favour celebrity. However, he looks to be more deserving than many.

DRM

Guru
I didnt know he did all this other stuff so sounds likes its well deserved as it annoys me when folk get an honour just for being able to make music or kick a ball .

Me too, I mean Frank Skinner, how on god's green earth does he deserve that, he's dreadful and as funny as being told you're terminally ill

Reactions: C R

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Me too, I mean Frank Skinner, how on god's green earth does he deserve that, he's dreadful and as funny as being told you're terminally ill

Maybe for his work campaigning for combating alcoholism ?

Psamathe

Although I don't agree with the Royal "Honours" system (a separate debate) I do feel that Brian may deserves recognition for many different reasons. I've not seen press reports on this and thought in the past that such awards were normally clarified "for service to ..." (or is that just the political awardees?). I'd be interested to know what May's recognition is for as for me I highly regard his wildlife and conservation work but could be music industry.

Ian

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It’s for his apartheid work, surely?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Sir Brian May, a man of renown
He plays a guitar that makes a sound
His fingers strumming at the speed of light
A man we'll forever hold in our sight

A founding member of Queen, so true
His music will forever shine right through
The Red Special his beloved creation
A masterpiece of engineering sensation

His philanthropy and activism too
Means he's a man of lessons and noble view
Raising awareness of animal habitats
The world is a much brighter place with that

A rock star, scientist and activist too
We honor Sir Brian May, we thank you
For the music and words so strong and true
Your influence will be here, that's for sure
Long live the music of the great Sir Brian May.

Top Bottom