Site performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I spoke to tech support at the datacenter and they made some network routing changes that seems to have stabilised things, but let me know if it is still ongoing for any of you?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks - I'll have another word with them. It might be better to move CC onto a different part of the network (the option was floated in the discussion but as it will involve a short bit of downtime and some IP address changes we gave the easier option a try first).

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thanks - I'll have another word with them. It might be better to move CC onto a different part of the network (the option was floated in the discussion but as it will involve a short bit of downtime and some IP address changes we gave the easier option a try first).

I’m not sure if my issue is connected with this in anyway but to avoid a new thread.

I use an iPhone 5S and Safari for CC. I chose Safari for this and other forums as it allows a Home Screen shortcut which Chrome appears not to.

I frequently find the site unresponsive, several times in a session and find the only solution is to close the window and start again.

This has been my experience for at least 12 months and most likely longer. Even earlier this morning at 5.00am this was occurring.

Is it me or just something I have to put up with? It’s taken 12 months to ask so you can see I’m only mildly frustrated!!

Shaun

Founder
I use an iPhone 5S and Safari for CC. I chose Safari for this and other forums as it allows a Home Screen shortcut which Chrome appears not to. I frequently find the site unresponsive, several times in a session and find the only solution is to close the window and start again. This has been my experience for at least 12 months and most likely longer. Even earlier this morning at 5.00am this was occurring. Is it me or just something I have to put up with? It’s taken 12 months to ask so you can see I’m only mildly frustrated!!

Are you using a mobile data connection (3G/4G) or WiFi at work/home? Assuming the symptoms manifest themselves fairly quickly, could you try using Chrome for a short while to see if you get any improvement? If you'd prefer not to use Chrome, give Dolphin a try: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dolphin-mobile-browser/id634693702?mt=8

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m not sure if my issue is connected with this in anyway but to avoid a new thread.

I use an iPhone 5S and Safari for CC. I chose Safari for this and other forums as it allows a Home Screen shortcut which Chrome appears not to.

I frequently find the site unresponsive, several times in a session and find the only solution is to close the window and start again.

This has been my experience for at least 12 months and most likely longer. Even earlier this morning at 5.00am this was occurring.

Is it me or just something I have to put up with? It’s taken 12 months to ask so you can see I’m only mildly frustrated!!
I have the same phone running the same software and suffer the same problem.
The little blue bar gets about a Third of the way across the screen and then stops.
And like you it doesn’t bother me much but it does mean closing the session and reopening the front page.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
@Beebo that’s it exactly.

Top Bottom