Sites going a bit slow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pross

Guru
Been having the same for a good few days. iPhone, iPad and Windows laptop, I was away in the Highlands at first and assumed it was the accommodation Wi-Fi but got the same on 5G, I then went down to the Lakes and still the same and it's now like it at home. I've cleared my cache and cookies, the only common factor is the Chrome browser (haven't tried Edge or Safari).
 
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Its like it when I tried Microsoft Edge (tm).
 

Cycling Badger

Active Member
Given the unpredictable nature of the slowness across different users, and the fact that the site relies on Cloudflare's highly stable network edge, it is very likely that the bottleneck is happening on the backend hosting server.

While I don't know the specifics of how the site is hosted, if it's on a shared or multi-tenanted server, the issue could stem from anything ranging from a transient hardware bottleneck to a "noisy neighbour" (another website on the same machine hogging all the resources). This isn't something that can be diagnosed from outside the tent, so the best next step would be for the admins to raise an enquiry with the service provider to check the master server logs.
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
As I posted early on Google AI suggests its the forums database or related matters. Google xenfon forums running slowly.

If there is some corruption in the database that wouid explain some not having issues as their login data will be in the uncorrupted part.
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Just (finally, I've been a bit lazy doing this) updated the OS to Monterey (last update I can run) plus a Safari update and still ok here.
 

classic33

Leg End Member
It's all even numbered posters reporting issues.
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
No problems when on the home PC (wired connection & Firefox) over the past few days, but occasional 'failed to load' messages and slow running when out and about on the mobile (Andriod, WiFi or mobile data and with both Firefox & Chrome.
 

Mike_P

Legendary Member
Location
Harrogate
No problems when on the home PC (wired connection & Firefox) over the past few days, but occasional 'failed to load' messages and slow running when out and about on the mobile (Andriod, WiFi or mobile data and with both Firefox & Chrome.

That does imply a database issue as its most likely recording user, device and location.
 
Top Bottom