size matters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I just looked at some Giordana bibshorts and my waist size (32-34) is classed as XL and if I tip over into 34-36 I become XXL. It doesn't do much for your self esteem when you have to order Fat B*stard shorts.;)

k-dog

Some sizing is just ridiculous.

I have Giordana 3/4's - an XL and they're a little tight. My Assos L are perfect and my Lusso M are the loosest of the 3.

rich p said:
I just looked at some Giordana bibshorts and my waist size (32-34) is classed as XL and if I tip over into 34-36 I become XXL. It doesn't do much for your self esteem when you have to order Fat B*stard shorts.:biggrin:

Maybe their marketing people also deal with condoms - Large, Extra Large and Giant. ;)

Christopher

Über Member
I found the sizing of bibtights varied from make to make and sometimes even between models within the same brand. Only way I got the right size was to try on several pairs.

Anyway Italian bike clothes are sized for whippets: I wear a US L, a UK XL and Italian XXL+...

Blonde

I'm a 'Large' too in ladies shorts, :biggrin: although only a 'medium' in men's.

I agree with Patrick though - you wouldn't want to be thought of as 'small' in the shorts department, now, would you?!! ;)

Patrick - Actually it's 'Trojan Magnum XXL' Wonder why there aren't any called 'fluffy bunnykins medium'..... :biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
italian stuff is, imo, sized for the pros. think rasmussen for a m and, if you're like me, a whopping 5'7" tall then a XXl top fits. god help you if you're 6' tall and not built like a beanpole to boot!

sheddy

Legendary Member
OT but Giant (who should know better) started last year classifing their MTBs as Small, Medium, Large etc. I had a comedy discussion with a boy working in one of the bike shops -
'Have you got a Giant in a 19" frame ?
No, but we have Medium
What size is that ?
It's Medium

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Blonde said:
I'm a 'Large' too in ladies shorts, :biggrin: although only a 'medium' in men's.

I agree with Patrick though - you wouldn't want to be thought of as 'small' in the shorts department, now, would you?!! ;)

Patrick - Actually it's 'Trojan Magnum XXL' Wonder why there aren't any called 'fluffy bunnykins medium'..... :sad:

I take your point but most men would prefer to be thought of as large in the <ahem> trouser department but not in the beer belly department. Hence my preference for cycling shorts would be - medium waist but extra gusset :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Sometimes my shorts go from large to small when I'm still wearing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom