1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

size matters

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 1 Aug 2007.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I just looked at some Giordana bibshorts and my waist size (32-34) is classed as XL and if I tip over into 34-36 I become XXL. It doesn't do much for your self esteem when you have to order Fat B*stard shorts.;)

2. k-dog

k-dog New Member

Some sizing is just ridiculous.

I have Giordana 3/4's - an XL and they're a little tight. My Assos L are perfect and my Lusso M are the loosest of the 3.

3. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Maybe their marketing people also deal with condoms - Large, Extra Large and Giant. ;)

4. Christopher

Christopher Über Member

I found the sizing of bibtights varied from make to make and sometimes even between models within the same brand. Only way I got the right size was to try on several pairs.

Anyway Italian bike clothes are sized for whippets: I wear a US L, a UK XL and Italian XXL+...

5. Blonde

Blonde New Member

I'm a 'Large' too in ladies shorts, :biggrin: although only a 'medium' in men's.

I agree with Patrick though - you wouldn't want to be thought of as 'small' in the shorts department, now, would you?!! ;)

Patrick - Actually it's 'Trojan Magnum XXL' Wonder why there aren't any called 'fluffy bunnykins medium'..... :biggrin:

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

italian stuff is, imo, sized for the pros. think rasmussen for a m and, if you're like me, a whopping 5'7" tall then a XXl top fits. god help you if you're 6' tall and not built like a beanpole to boot!

7. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

OT but Giant (who should know better) started last year classifing their MTBs as Small, Medium, Large etc. I had a comedy discussion with a boy working in one of the bike shops -
    'Have you got a Giant in a 19" frame ?
    No, but we have Medium
    What size is that ?
    It's Medium

8. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I take your point but most men would prefer to be thought of as large in the <ahem> trouser department but not in the beer belly department. Hence my preference for cycling shorts would be - medium waist but extra gusset :biggrin:

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Sometimes my shorts go from large to small when I'm still wearing them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Extra medium seems to be my size these days, tending to be nearer to the extra size than the medium! ;)