Sizing advice Dolan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I can pretty much now tell from sitting on a road bike (better on a turbo but not needed) if it's going to be too big or small despite minor tweaks to stem and bars. I don't need to ride it, hence just going and having a sit would tell me if I was not sure between two sizes :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Did you have a bikefit for your current bike to take account of your back issues? if that is yes I would be tempted to visit Dolan with that bike and compare with theirs and take their advice.

If you just bought it and thought that feels Ok the you are back to square 1 and maybe the small with some spacers is the way to go, but thne defo visit Dolan and sit on both and take their advice.

when i bought my last new road bike a free fitting session was thrown in and a "as long as you want mate" test ride.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I can pretty much now tell from sitting on a road bike (better on a turbo but not needed) if it's going to be too big or small despite minor tweaks to stem and bars. I don't need to ride it, hence just going and having a sit would tell me if I was not sure between two sizes :okay:
YMMV.
I remember testing a cube a few years back - I actually felt more stretched out on the smaller bike !!!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Did you have a bikefit for your current bike to take account of your back issues? if that is yes I would be tempted to visit Dolan with that bike and compare with theirs and take their advice.

If you just bought it and thought that feels Ok the you are back to square 1 and maybe the small with some spacers is the way to go, but thne defo visit Dolan and sit on both and take their advice.

when i bought my last new road bike a free fitting session was thrown in and a "as long as you want mate" test ride.

I usually aim for a bike with a 535 TT or thereabouts - Usually that coincides with the size chart from the manufacturer. Then I visit my fitter to set me up on the bike. Expensive but it works for me.

Usually now bike manufacturers have a size range that overlaps - but Dolan doesn't 5ft 7 = small 5ft 8 = medium. I suppose it would be brave sales rep who advises medium to someone who is shorter than 5ft 8. !!!!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
That's just bizarre, presumably you've compared the Dolan to your current bike?

It me - I hired a bike once whilst on holiday - convinced it was to small and was going to take it back next day - anyway guy at shop was sick and couldn't get me size up until monday. Rode the bike over the weekend loved it !!!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
It me - I hired a bike once whilst on holiday - convinced it was to small and was going to take it back next day - anyway guy at shop was sick and couldn't get me size up until monday. Rode the bike over the weekend loved it !!!!!
:scratch::scratch::scratch:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I have 2 bikes currently Kuota 535tt 160 HT & Ribble CGR ALU 540TT & 150 tt . i like riding the kuota more but its a lighter and much expensive bike.
And which Dolan matches (either of) these?

Top Bottom