SJS Cycles - excellent service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I contacted SJS Cycles after a failed stand light in a dynamo headlight.

They replied shortly after: apologising for inconvenience, a replacement light would be sent out the next day -free of charge - with no need to send back the faulty light.

The new light arrived promptly via tracked and signed delivery.

In my view, that's excellent customer service, and it's fair to commend how well they dealt with this. I'm not affiliated with the shop at all, only a happy customer.

Chris S

Legendary Member
It seems like the Bridgwater Bandit has turned over a new leaf.

Forget about service. I dread the day when speciality stores that deal with small and excruciatingly hard to find bicycle spare parts disappear. Even if I get abused on the phone and still get the part for that price, I am a happy man. I grew up in an era, when grumpy shop owners and traders were fair with price, honest and proud of their trade. I even recall not having enough to pay and still given what I came for and to bring the shortfall at the next visit.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
SJS have always been good with me. Great place for odd stuff.
They once sent a wrongly sized seat post (hardly their fault, it had been packaged incorrectly) from memory it was a 28.4mm post packaged as a 28.6mm. They immediately sent out one the correct size and I didn't even have to send the wrong one back.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Forget about service. I dread the day when speciality stores that deal with small and excruciatingly hard to find bicycle spare parts disappear. Even if I get abused on the phone and still get the part for that price, I am a happy man. I grew up in an era, when grumpy shop owners and traders were fair with price, honest and proud of their trade. I even recall not having enough to pay and still given what I came for and to bring the shortfall at the next visit.
I agree, I'd rather have knowledgeable and direct advice and guidance from SJS or Spa than slick sales, or indifference from the major retailers.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Historically (back in the last century) from the same stable were Andy Blance's Quantock Killer, a 100km event back & forth over the Quantocks, and the Imperial 125, a lumpy 200km event across Exmoor and the Quantocks. Fondly remembered.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I contacted SJS Cycles after a failed stand light in a dynamo headlight.

Oddly had a similar problem with a dynamo headlight* I bought from there maybe 15 years ago. I presume they were very good about changing it because if they weren't I'd likely remember it.

I get hubs and lighting from SJS from time to time, and odd parts. Can't remember ever having a reason to grumble about anything.

*An IQ Cyo- it's replacement lasted a long time, I recently replaced it because I broke the mounting eye off years ago in a crash and my bodgy repair finally failed.

Top Bottom