SJS Cycles - excellent service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I've always had good service from them. It's either SJS or Brilliant Bikes for my online shops.

I won a lot of stuff on ebay from SJS at quite low prices maybe 10 years ago and choose the collect from store option as I was in nearby Yeovil and always like an excuse to go on a shopping trip to a nearby town. I seem to remember it was about 16 items and it was probably less than £1 an item on average. Anyway they were not happy when I collected my bundle to say the least. Seemed to shove the box in my hands. I think soon after the terms changed to a small fee for collection or the collection option disappeared. I was definitely made to feel a bit awkward a the time but then not reaching your desired price is always an option with a ebay auction and I was the person who bid the most if I hadn't of bid they would have got less and would have had to pack each individual item for postage which for items less than £2 would surely be annoying. Anyway I was very pleased with my haul of stuff.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
. But now you are a third world country
Calling the UK a third world country is a bit of an insult to third world countries :laugh:
As for SJS, excellent company, with excellent after sales service. I've ordered a fair few bits over the years. Once ordered a dynamo light bracket that I required rather quickly, paid for next day delivery, 2 days later when I was heading off on tour it still hadn't arrived. I recieved a full refund on my order, but told to kept the bracket which was there on my arrival back home :okay:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They are generally very good, much more disposed towards good customer service than their main competitor. My only small criticism of SJSC is that they don't post stuff as quickly as some other bike shops.

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
Spa are also in my favourites, especially for tyres they are usually the cheapest for Schwalbe.
Spa are good for bags too, Ortileb or Carradice in particular

Chislenko

Veteran
I ordered some mail order stuff from SJS last week. A few days later it came in the mail.

That's it really.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
SJS have great stock and customer service. I end up on their site whenever looking for some obscure spares and their email response time is very impressive.

Shipping could be a bit quicker, but I'm sure that will improve as they grow.

All uphill

Still rolling along
SJS have great stock and customer service. I end up on their site whenever looking for some obscure spares and their email response time is very impressive.

Shipping could be a bit quicker, but I'm sure that will improve as they grow.

I hope they don't grow!

They are fine as they are. No glossy marketing, no hype, no following fashion. Perfect.

Top Bottom