Skidding competitions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
This is Cliffords Tower in York:

I was walking past it one evening and a bunch of kids were riding bikes down those steps. One lad seemed hesitant but was widely egged on, so he went. I think his saddle was bit high, and as he reached the bottom and shot across the area in front, I heard, dopler style,

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! me bollocks!"

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
When I saw 'skidding competition' in the title, I immediately thought of skidding on ice.
We used to make lethal skidding strips on the pavement from compacted snow and ice. Must've been about 30 ft long. Used to do a run-up and skid along for aaaaages. A glass-smooth strip that beautifully reflected the amber street lights. God knows how many old dears came a cropper on their - sorry folks!
This was one of the most awaited for events at my old school, a snow fall overnight, and as soon as the gates opened dozens of boys were eagerly at work making the slides in the playgrounds. If the weather remained cold the slides lasted for days. Happy days

machew

Veteran
Ah, I'd forgotten the infant and junior school playground icy slides... ours sloped so you could go for miles and everyone queued up for a go [including our headmaster!]... often took a few play-times to get it perfected!
they all laughed at me when I said that hot water freezes quicker than cold, but the length and thickness of the ice patch I could make, normally on the apex of the hairpin bend down the school drive, proved them all wrong

Night Train

Maker of Things
This is Cliffords Tower in York:

I was walking past it one evening and a bunch of kids were riding bikes down those steps. One lad seemed hesitant but was widely egged on, so he went. I think his saddle was bit high, and as he reached the bottom and shot across the area in front, I heard, dopler style,

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! me bollocks!"
Arch is there supposed to be a picture in post about Cliffords Tower?
Clifford's Tower, York.
cliffords_tower.jpg

http://www.york360.co.uk/pics/framed/cliffords_tower.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
Noooooooooooooooo! What's going on! It's not worked for NT either by the look of it...

Look, it's a castle, on top of a large conical mound, with a flight of steps down one side, at an angle steeper than 45 degrees....

Top Bottom