Skinhead/suedehead style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was a bit of a Suedehead in the early 1980s... love that skinhead/suedehead style... always been fairly left wing though, not a right winger by any stretch of the imagination... any other skins/suedes on here? Had cropped hair since 1980 or so*, but it' normal now, not quite so shocking as it was back then...

*actually, 1981, since I think about it... had long curly hair till then! A year is important when you're young!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wish I had hair to cut......

Greedo

As I'm only 37 not style when I was younger. Now it's cut like that through no choice. Bit bald at the back and if I grow it just looks ridiculous and trying to hide I'm going bald. Number 2 cut every week or so.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Uncle Mort said:
I had a suedehead when I was about 14-16 but I was skinny then and it looked pretty good (Or so I thought). I was into ska and rocksteady and nothern soul when most people at school were listening to Led Zep and deep Purple.

But if I tried the same cut now I'd look like one of the Mitchell brothers!

Well, that's it, really... I still have the same cut, but so do most of Joe Public... I couldn't afford a scooter then, but the style was something I got into... a bit later than some, but it still informs the way I dress/music/etc to this day... having said that, I lived in a house full of hippies/heavy metallers for a year while I was at uni, me in my threads, them in their leathers, kaftans etc... some are still mates now, like, but there were musical crossovers... like some of the Small Faces stuff/Mott the Hoople, even Curtis Mayfield, etc...

Wolf04

Fnaar said:
I was a bit of a Suedehead in the early 1980s... love that skinhead/suedehead style... always been fairly left wing though, not a right winger by any stretch of the imagination... any other skins/suedes on here? Had cropped hair since 1980 or so*, but it' normal now, not quite so shocking as it was back then...

*actually, 1981, since I think about it... had long curly hair till then! A year is important when you're young!

Yes very much the same though 70's rather than 80's also agree with the political slant. Ah Levi staypress, shiny brogues, Ben Sherman shirts....jumpers for goal posts.... :eek:

Have same hair cut now but more to blend in with the thinning front.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I came and went with styles though... within the space of about 3 yrs, I was hippy/punk/rockabilly/skinhead/suedehead/mod/... eventually stuck with the last few, but still love the rockabilly stuff!

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Essential reading in our school

314.jpg

accountantpete

Brexiteer
As was this one

suedehead.jpg

Top Bottom