SKS Race Blades

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Shaun, 1 Sep 2007.

1. Shaun

Shaun Founder Moderator

Does anyone have the Carbon effect race blades, and are they recommended for autumn/winter riding?

2. starseven

starseven Guest

Hi thats a carbon alike raceblade on the back of my Kona Hybrid, Its actually a front but I put it there after giviing up trying to get it to fit as intended.

Are you looking for something for the rouboix? , Maybe the frame will take a full guard, I like the look of this bike at the mo,,,,Condor frat..something it wears full mudguards pretty well.

3. OP
    OP
    Shaun

Shaun Founder Moderator

Hmmm ... I may just have to spend that £5 Wiggle voucher they're waving under my nose to tempt me back ... lol :ohmy:

4. I have 'blades on the Allez for use as winter/wet-weather bike and they work pretty well.
    I've fitted them on the Roubaix as well, didn't eventually use them, but having tweaked them to fit the Allez they just transferred-over without any adjustment so I'd imagine they'll work just the same.

I found the back fine but the front a bit short - go through a puddle and it dumps it in your shoes. This was easy to fix by pop-riviting a bit from a detergent bottle to the bottom end.

However they don't protect the brakes - they keep you dry but allsorts of muck and crud ends-up on the brakes, which is OK for weekend use but could involve a bit-to-regular cleaning if it were a daily-commute bike.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice