SKS Race Blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Does anyone have the Carbon effect race blades, and are they recommended for autumn/winter riding?

Hi thats a carbon alike raceblade on the back of my Kona Hybrid, Its actually a front but I put it there after giviing up trying to get it to fit as intended.

Are you looking for something for the rouboix? , Maybe the frame will take a full guard, I like the look of this bike at the mo,,,,Condor frat..something it wears full mudguards pretty well.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Hmmm ... I may just have to spend that £5 Wiggle voucher they're waving under my nose to tempt me back ... lol :ohmy:

I have 'blades on the Allez for use as winter/wet-weather bike and they work pretty well.
I've fitted them on the Roubaix as well, didn't eventually use them, but having tweaked them to fit the Allez they just transferred-over without any adjustment so I'd imagine they'll work just the same.

I found the back fine but the front a bit short - go through a puddle and it dumps it in your shoes. This was easy to fix by pop-riviting a bit from a detergent bottle to the bottom end.

However they don't protect the brakes - they keep you dry but allsorts of muck and crud ends-up on the brakes, which is OK for weekend use but could involve a bit-to-regular cleaning if it were a daily-commute bike.

Top Bottom