Sky Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav1d

redjedi said:
I hadn't seen the freebies before. There's a bit of a challenge for the summer, 10 rides to get a free jersey. May have to consider that.

It looks like even getting on a ride is quite tough, although I only checked out the most recent ones.

Book the rides on the website anyway and they'll email you when a place becomes available. I did that even though todays ride was fully booked. I got an email saying there were spaces left when people dropped out.

Rabbitthekitten

I've booked a place on the Leicester Skyride. I don't really want to do it on my own though. If anyone else is going and doesn't mind me tagging along, I'd appreciate it. :-)

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Rabbitthekitten said:
I've booked a place on the Leicester Skyride. I don't really want to do it on my own though. If anyone else is going and doesn't mind me tagging along, I'd appreciate it. :-)

The whole Cyclemagic posse will be there - were organising a load of the entertainment, too:biggrin:

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
Dingerjsc said:
Hi Hilldodger, i have only cycled recreationally on a mtb in the past but have just bought my first road bike.
Some friends and i were thinking of doing the Glasgow cityride as an outing. Couldn't really find any details on distance etc?
Is it a fun cycle aimed at kids and families or will it be a good starting run for some newbies?
How long is the cityride roughly?

Many thanks

Dinger

The leicester route will be around 9k and the whole event is aimed at families, new cyclists, returning cyclists etc

mark barker

I've signed up for Bath on 25th July... My 5 year old daughter is determined to ride the route herself and has told me I've got to remove the trail-gator from my bike!

rh100

Norry1 said:
Just booked the 1st August ride in Brum.

Martin

Is that the 30 mile one? I could probably do the distance ok but maybe wouldn't keep up ;)

I've registered and got a confirmed place for the main skyride event in September, not sure what the route is yet though.

TVC

Rabbitthekitten said:

There will be a few of us there, I might even wear my CC jersey so everyone knows to avoid me. As Roger hinted, there's plenty going on in Abbey Park and a few show offs at the Pumping station, so it's more of an afternoon out than a ride.

Just grab a mate to come with you, other than the Belgrave flyover (which a few had to walk up) there is no exertion involved.

As a note, you don't actually have to register to get on to it, just bowl up. Registering just lets Sky know who to send marketing stuff to.

OP
OP
Hilldodger

Hilldodger

Guru
The Velvet Curtain said:
There will be a few of us there, I might even wear my CC jersey so everyone knows to avoid me. As Roger hinted, there's plenty going on in Abbey Park and a few show offs at the Pumping station, so it's more of an afternoon out than a ride.

Just grab a mate to come with you, other than the Belgrave flyover (which a few had to walk up) there is no exertion involved.

Wot you tryin to say?:biggrin:

At the Pumper there will be a family cycling festival hosted by Cyclemagic. I might be in Victorian costume but only because my job dictates it. Honest:biggrin:

Rabbitthekitten

The Velvet Curtain said:

As a note, you don't actually have to register to get on to it, just bowl up. Registering just lets Sky know who to send marketing stuff to.

I have a few special jerseys myself. :-D I don't know anyone else who likes cycling, so I'm on my own. :-( I'll fly over the flyover, ha ha. I hope. ;-)

Top Bottom