Sleep habits.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

I noticed the other day that I'm not comfortable getting off to sleep unless my hands are covered. I tend to sleep on my front and usually put one underneath my chest and the other one underneath my leg or both underneath my chest. If I am trying to sleep on my side then I tuck the lower one under my leg and have the top one under my shoulder or at least under the pillow. I think it might of come from having kittens sleeping on the bed who would attack anything that moved.

Anyone else any odd sleeping routines?

I have to go to sleep on my side, with my arm under my pillow and head, which is annoying as i have to lay lower in the bed, with feet off end, and uncovered... I also wake up with great pain in arm, which i am unable to move usually, and have to roll out of position/ lever myself up with other arm...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
After years of sleeping with lots of mosquitos around, I can't sleep well unless I'm covered. The face is OK, they never bite the face, but even if you've got a net, if your hand rests against it they'll bite you through it, so I can't sleep with my hands near the edge of the bed wither, they have to be under the pillow.

Jeez, you're getting into people's OCDs, this could go on forever.....

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm guessing the skin is tougher/thicker and that there's no blood close to the surface or something....

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to have to sleep on my front, one arm wedged under my chest (like i had an arm sling on), the other wedged under my stomach.
This brought me a couple of problems.
It puts a fair bit of pressure on the shoulder joint of the arm thats held 'sling like'...forcing it away from your body.
I used to get some awful pain and weakness, i couldnt understand how ? Since i stopped...the discomforts gone.

Also sleeping on your front means your feet are pointed down 'ballerina style'. Years of laying in this position have made it hard for me to pull or rock my feet up..if that makes sense.

Lay on my side now...always on the left. Impossible on the right.

OP
OP
red_tom

red_tom

gbb said:
Also sleeping on your front means your feet are pointed down 'ballerina style'. Years of laying in this position have made it hard for me to pull or rock my feet up..if that makes sense.
I always have my feet hooked over the end of the bed. It works quite well when you're 6' 5'' ;). When I was growing up, my ma bought me an extra long bed so I could grow into it. I woke up the next day half way down the bed with my feet hooked over then end as usual.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have to have the duvet tucked in at the foot of the bed and all the creases pulled out of the sheets and the duvet cover. I can't stand having a ruck in the duvet or the laundry tag at the top end where I can find it in the cover. It all has to be right before I can go to bed. Some times I will get up in the night to remake the bed and pull everything smooth again. Equally I hate sleeping in any clothing due to the seams and hems on things giving the same effect as creases and rucks in the sheets.
I also have to sleep in a super king size bed if I am with someone else as I can't stand not having the space to move.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey - I thought my bike cleaning OCD was bad.....

Nope usually just have to sleep on my side. I do suffer restless leg syndrome when it's warm - get tickling in feet and lower legs..bloody annoying....

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Sleep on my right side. Has to be. Hands not sure. Although sometimes i do sleep on my front with my hands spread out. When its realls hot i can end up with one hand over the edge of the bed. Oh, and sometimes i cant sleep with my head on the pillow, just on the bed. Which can get annoying.
Last night i managed to sleep the other way around in bed, with my feet under my pillows and head just on the bed. Not sure how i managed it.:biggrin:

buggi

Bird Saviour
right now i would do anything to sleep in any other position than on my back, which is all i can manage with my broken collar bone. i can rest on my left side if i tuck a pillow under my arm but i can't actually sleep like it coz i'm scared i'll roll over the wrong way. sleeping in one position all night it fecking uncomfortable and i keep waking up. i usually sleep on my right side and guess which collar bone is broken!

normally if i am having trouble sleeping i resort to sucking my thumb, an old habit i don't like to admit to but its like a comfort blanket and straight away my eyes go all droopy. which thumb do i suck? yep, my right one! and that hurts my shoulder at the moment too.

sleep? what is that?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I usually sleep in my front with a pillow under my left arm, the radio in my right ear through an earphone and a bunch of gladioli up me jacksy :ohmy: (one of these is not true)

Top Bottom