slick tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazzayork

Regular
Hi everyone. ..I hope you are well!

I am looking for some slick tyres and possible inner tubes for my mtb to commute to work. The tyres I have at the minute are 26 x 2.35.

Does anyone have any recommendations based on this size? I am a rookie when it comes to knowing what sizes could be applicable but I am assuming it's based on the wheel.

Cheers

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Look for something in the 26 x 1.9-2.1 size range. These will roll brilliantly when pumped up to over 50psi and won't look silly on an MTB. Some of the skinnier tyres that are available may be too narrow for your current rims and by staying with the larger size you can keep the existing inner tubes and still be able to hammer down steps and stuff without damaging your rims :okay:

OP
OP
Gazzayork

Gazzayork

Regular
Look for something in the 26 x 1.9-2.1 size range. These will roll brilliantly when pumped up to over 50psi and won't look silly on an MTB. Some of the skinnier tyres that are available may be too narrow for your current rims and by staying with the larger size you can keep the existing inner tubes and still be able to hammer down steps and stuff without damaging your rims :okay:

Brilliant! !! Cheers for the info!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have some continental 26x2.1 slicks I used to run on my MTB as a commuter before getting a dedicated commuter bike and in my opinion they rolled as well as a traditional road size tyre. I pumped them up to 65psi (the max stated on the sidewall). I think choices are a bit more limited now, is the Schwalbe big apple still available in 26x2.0?

sight-pin

Veteran
I'm still thinking about these for my mtb, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-city-jet-mtb-tyre/
The good thing is they also come in 26x1.95 size which would probably look ok on a mtb?

Top Bottom