Slight layout change

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
It's a work in progress - I'll hopefully get chance to have a fiddle tonight - and when I'm finished I'll maybe change the fonts around a bit as well ... boom, tish. :whistle:
Where's the mind bleach? :eek:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
It's a work in progress - I'll hopefully get chance to have a fiddle tonight - and when I'm finished I'll maybe change the fonts around a bit as well ... boom, tish. :whistle:

:smile:

I like Verdana for webbliness. I got used to the Trebuchet after a while, but never liked it.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've plumbed for the halfway house and given Helvetica an airing. It may or may not stick, we'll see.

I'm also removing the gradient from the bottom of the post background and lightening it a bit more.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
They all look the same to me anyhow.
Oh, hang on. When you change a font, it changes across the whole forum, doesn't it? I've been scrolling up and down to try and see the difference between Helvetica, Trebuchet and Verdana...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
396px-ITCEras.svg.png

I use Verdana for e-mails, but that's because I want something with a bit of oomph. Eras is easier on the eye if you're reading lots and lots

while you're there...

...those "online" banners sometimes make it impossible to click on a user name (if the name is a short one). Can they be moved to the bottom right of the pink box?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
...those "online" banners sometimes make it impossible to click on a user name (if the name is a short one). Can they be moved to the bottom right of the pink box?

The "Online" banner should be at the top left - well away from any clickable usernames.

Can you possibly post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

The "Online" banner should be at the top left - well away from any clickable usernames.

Can you possibly post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

If you go into NSFW mode to lose the avatars, the name will be at the top of the orange box. Just where the Online banner is.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
If you go into NSFW mode to lose the avatars, the name will be at the top of the orange box. Just where the Online banner is.

Ah, okay, I see - well in that case I'll have to see about hacking the code a little - added to the "to do" list. ;)

Top Bottom