Slightly in love with the new pedals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tfg71

Same pedals that I have , need to get practice using the cleats . Last time I had a bike that had any style of attachment was when we still had 3 TV channels. Last time I had similar situation to a clipless moment was on my motorcycle training. Left foot down as bike tilted right. Doh

dfthe1

Thanks for this. I posted a thread last night asking for help with choosing some reversible pedals -- and your thread has helped immensely. Just about to order some of these from Wiggle but I have a question:

What's the grip like on the flat side with normal shoes? They look a little slippery.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I have A600 s on my road bike , i really like them :smile:
Shimano%20PDA600%20SPD%20Pedals.jpg
Quick question about the A600's : do you find that that when you take your feet off the pedals they go (and stay) 'right side up'? One of the reasons I went for double sided pedals is so I don't have to flick the pedal up the right way, in fact I don't even need to look at my feet to clip in.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Oooooohh!

Nice shoes dear, and the pedals are rather swish. I have only ever had a 50% clipless moment - falling sideways at a junction but just managed to salvage myself - the pedals didn't touch the floor. No going back, now....

LetMeEatCake

What's the grip like on the flat side with normal shoes? They look a little slippery.
I use the flats of my a530s with Converse sneakers a fair bit. In the dry, the shoes grip to the pedals fairly well. In the wet though they're as slippery as a very slippery thing and I've had more than one unexpected saddle to perineum reunion. To be fair to the pedals though, Converse are like that on most surfaces in the wet - you could probably ski down wet sandpaper in them.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Quick question about the A600's : do you find that that when you take your feet off the pedals they go (and stay) 'right side up'? One of the reasons I went for double sided pedals is so I don't have to flick the pedal up the right way, in fact I don't even need to look at my feet to clip in.
I find they hang close to vertical, its a knack to get them in quickly but im lucky as my commute i usually stop maybe once or twice, if i had a stop/start commute i would probably use double sided eg m520s .

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use the flats of my a530s with Converse sneakers a fair bit. In the dry, the shoes grip to the pedals fairly well. In the wet though they're as slippery as a very slippery thing and I've had more than one unexpected saddle to perineum reunion. To be fair to the pedals though, Converse are like that on most surfaces in the wet - you could probably ski down wet sandpaper in them.
I have a 530s on the mtb and i put some grip tape on the flat side to stop slippage.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
I haven't ventured outside yet with them but my mtb have stupid amounts of grip and funnily seem to lock into the pedal grip nicely. I have heard a lot of people adding skateboard taping to the upper edges to give a little more bit but I would say normal shoes with some form of grip would be fine.

Converse shoes well that's a totally different story nearly broke my neck wearing a pair and walking through town one wet weekend and went straight over on the pavement needless to say never had another pair since.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Just to clarify from my previous post no I didn't have an "incident" in fact I had an amazing ride even if the wind had other ideas.

Wow what a difference it makes climbing hills and being able to pull up and push down at the same time no more grinding in the easiest gear anymore in fact I dropped it down a couple of cogs and just kept the legs spinning.

My over all avg speed definitely felt faster but the wind on the straight sections put pay to a correct figure and in fact from the strava data I was avg 8.5mph and today was 8.9mph so without the wind it will be intresting to see if I can hit the 10mph barrier ready to start riding with a few others.

All in all very pleased with the pedals and they have already become second nature after only 9.3 miles. 20160206_125245.jpg

Top Bottom