Slightly too much excitement for a Tuesday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
No-one hurt?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yikes - good job you caught it!

@Littgull once told me that he never leaves his running when he goes out because of the fire risk. I thought he was being over-cautious but with all the recent publicity I see that there IS a risk.

My tumble dryer is in my cellar so I might not realise that there was a problem until a fire took hold. I'll put a smoke detector down there to be on the safe side, and will also stop leaving it on when I go out.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Yikes - good job you caught it!

@Littgull once told me that he never leaves his running when he goes out because of the fire risk. I thought he was being over-cautious but with all the recent publicity I see that there IS a risk.

My tumble dryer is in my cellar so I might not realise that there was a problem until a fire took hold. I'll put a smoke detector down there to be on the safe side, and will also stop leaving it on when I go out.
Would you hear a smoke alarm in the cellar? Might be the perfect application for linked alarms.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Would you hear a smoke alarm in the cellar? Might be the perfect application for linked alarms.
The sofa that I normally sit on is in the room above the cellar and I am directly above the tumble dryer. The cellar does not have a plaster ceiling, just some insulation and then the floorboards for this room. Next time I have a guest here I will get them to take a smoke alarm to the cellar and press the test button. I can hear the rumbling of the dryer when it is working so I think I would hear an alarm.

There is a good chance that I would smell smoke coming up through the floorboards anyway (!!!) but I'd rather not wait to find out ... :whistle:

Top Bottom