Slightly too much excitement for a Tuesday...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
None of these?
Model numbers affected are:
D6986, D6988, D6990, DFO30, SF110, SF111, SF210 & SF211.

With serial numbers: 62100000 to 72609999.
No, none of those.

The tumble dryer fire is much more interesting
Erm, could have done without it, but entirely understand where you're coming from!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Our tumble drier was one of those dodgy ones (can't remember the brand, or serial number). We waited a month for two chaps to turn up and change the bits that needed changing.
I rarely use tumble driers, but MrsPete won't leave any appliance running when she goes out.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Never leave a tumble dryer unattended. And certainly don’t put in on and go to bed.

Always clean the filters every week.
The filters get clogged with lint and this can go up so quickly once super heated.

The recent recalls have involved design flaws allowing lint coming into contact with the heating elements.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Never leave a tumble dryer unattended. And certainly don’t put in on and go to bed.

The filters get clogged with lint and this can go up so quickly once super heated.

The recent recalls have involved design flaws allowing lint coming into contact with the heating elements.
I'm always amazed by how much lint comes off a half load of clothes. There always ends up being a layer of the stuff on the filter so I scrape it off after every use.

I always do a very high speed spin on the clothes before drying to minimise the drying required and then only use medium heat on the dryer. It normally only gets used in the winter or when I am in a hurry.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bad luck and well done for actually having an extinguisher. We have two in the house, dry powder.

Another oft-ignored hazard is concave mirrors and stupid witchy glass spheres left in the sun; we know somebody whose house burned down because a glass sphere she had on a windowsill focused the sun and set the house alight while my sister and BIL came home to find clothes actually smouldering where sunlight was being focused on them by a concave magnifying mirror.

Levo-Lon

Guru

Exactly that.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Another oft-ignored hazard is concave mirrors and stupid witchy glass spheres left in the sun; we know somebody whose house burned down because a glass sphere she had on a windowsill focused the sun and set the house alight while my sister and BIL came home to find clothes actually smouldering where sunlight was being focused on them by a concave magnifying mirror.
My uncle had a leather topped writing desk with a glass paper weight on it. He discovered small burn marks in the leather, a wooden desk would have caught fire.

Top Bottom