Slipping shimmed post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You've not read Robert Pirsig's book then.
No, why? Does he like cherry coke?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
No, why? Does he like cherry coke?

I've no idea. But he does specifically discuss the suitability of coke can material for shimming and the error of seeing it as somehow a bodge merely because it's been shaped and printed. It's a very popular book.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've no idea. But he does specifically discuss the suitability of coke can material for shimming and the error of seeing it as somehow a bodge merely because it's been shaped and printed. It's a very popular book.
I'm sure it is. Maybe people have been using it suitably modified as a shimming material.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Another of his books i couldnt get into though, zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance though is great

a.twiddler

Veteran
In fact all I've had is bottle of the local beer at lunchtime, but I'll try to seek out something stronger. :smile:

Perhaps something in a can. That'll serve two purposes -the expected one, plus a supply of shimming material!

Top Bottom