Slobs on my commute today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I normally cycle commute but as we're having a 'team bonding pub event':whistle: tonight, I got the bus.
It's been a good week, got two weeks off, had a pay rise this week, so I'm positive & feeling chipper when these two things happen:

Waiting for the bus, young bloke drinking lager at 6.45am, gets on the bus (not my bus), casually throwing his can of lager onto the pavement at my feet. As the bus doors close I pick then can up and shout 'Put your ***y litter in the bin mate", which he heard. He gets in his seat as the bus pulls away,we make eye contact so I gave him the middle finger as I put the can in the bin. Astonished me that anyone would be boozing at 6.45am!.

And then, a spectacular bit of stupid driving. Just got to here:
temple meads path.jpg

I'm waiting to cross via the pedestrian/cycle path that I normally use very day on the bike when I saw white van man indicate right and then drive straight through the cyclepath to gain access to Clarence road on the other side!. I was so gobsmacked, annoyingly failed to get the reg:cursing:. Red arrow shows the drivers path.

Anyone else encounter slobby behaviour like this?.

Drago

Legendary Member
I see plenty of early AM drinking when im in Northampton, less so in MK, although one still sees it. In Northampton its so bad someone has set up a Facebook page spoofing a David Attenborough documentary starring the pish heads as wildlife. Inconsiderate and anti social behaviour is one of the reasons I refuse to live in town.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

I should add that at this junction, WVM could have simply driven around the extended junction over the river, but that would have meant going through two sets of lights. I guess he couldn't be bothered.

Drago

Legendary Member
Come 2300hrs tonight another member from Bristol will start an indignant thread about the group of pith heads causing mayhem in the town...

Maybe. But I don't throw (not drop, throw!) cans behind me onto the pavement. There are fines for littering^_^. I use litter bins.
Yeah, he might get a FPN but you might get charged under the Public Order Act 1986 and end up with a criminal record. You don't have the high moral ground here.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Yeah, he might get a FPN but you might get charged under the Public Order Act 1986 and end up with a criminal record. You don't have the high moral ground here.

I think my gesture was entirely appropriate and a measured response to his law breaking. I am becoming tired of total careless slobs like this. I once had some twit throw a lit cigarette out of his car window that narrowly missed me on my bike. I've also seen burger wrappers deliberately thrown out of cars, occasionally glass bottles.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

I don't approve of littering and I don't do it, but I would rather be on a bus with a litterer than someone using obscene words and gestures to a stranger.

In my opinion your behaviour is much worse than his, and I'm surprised you decided to come on here and boast about it.

I am not boasting at all, merely complaining about slob culture. The only obscene word I used was 'bl**dy' which is mild these days. It did makes me angry that he threw the can almost at me as I was stood a few meters behind him. Would you like to have an empty lager can thrown at you?. While you are entitled to your opinion, it seems to me that you''re just excusing his bad behavior.

Top Bottom