Slobs on my commute today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only obscene word I used was 'bl**dy' which is mild these days.
Then you shouldn't have censored it. Bloody is not an obscenity. I assumed it was something actually rude as you obliterated the most of the letters.

Serious questions: what were you trying to achieve, shouting and gesturing? Do you genuinely believe this is going to change the behaviour? If not, why do it?

classic33

Leg End Member
I normally cycle commute but as we're having a 'team bonding pub event':whistle: tonight, I got the bus.
It's been a good week, got two weeks off, had a pay rise this week, so I'm positive & feeling chipper when these two things happen:

Waiting for the bus, young bloke drinking lager at 6.45am, gets on the bus (not my bus), casually throwing his can of lager onto the pavement at my feet. As the bus doors close I pick then can up and shout 'Put your ***y litter in the bin mate", which he heard. He gets in his seat as the bus pulls away,we make eye contact so I gave him the middle finger as I put the can in the bin. Astonished me that anyone would be boozing at 6.45am!.

Anyone else encounter slobby behaviour like this?.
06:45 isn't that early. Used to see them coming out of a pub about 05:00. Having to get passed them. Cans & bottles being supped earlier than that.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just occasionally slobbishness pushes a button in you. I was cycling along a path locally, an area where you'll often see 20 or 30 beer cans thrown in the bushes...just so selfish to spoil what is supposed to be a green area for people to enjoy. I came along this path as an oldish fella turned round the corner, swigging from a can...and promptly threw it in the bushes. He looked up, saw me and grinned, perhaps through embarrassment, perhaps he just thought it was funny. As I came alongside I said...'put your cans in the bin you pr@tt'.

Normally I'd probably not bother and just think 'dic £head' but just once in a while it pushes your button. OPS post firstly made me think it was a bit OTT...but I suspect someone pushed his button and if that's the case..and fair play for speaking up IMO.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Just occasionally slobbishness pushes a button in you. I was cycling along a path locally, an area where you'll often see 20 or 30 beer cans thrown in the bushes...just so selfish to spoil what is supposed to be a green area for people to enjoy. I came along this path as an oldish fella turned round the corner, swigging from a can...and promptly threw it in the bushes. He looked up, saw me and grinned, perhaps through embarrassment, perhaps he just thought it was funny. As I came alongside I said...'put your cans in the bin you pr@tt'.

Normally I'd probably not bother and just think 'dic £head' but just once in a while it pushes your button. OPS post firstly made me think it was a bit OTT...but I suspect someone pushed his button and if that's the case..and fair play for speaking up IMO.

Yes, it did and it goes back to a similar incident I had like your encounter. Last year I was coming up the access ramp from the cycle path on my way home when another bloke on a bike in front casually tossed a glass bottle into the hedgerow. I stopped to pick it up, took it home and dropped it in my recycling. I wished that karma would nobble the twit, maybe with a puncture in a highly inconvenient place:okay:. Anyway, that slob yesterday was really annoying and I know some folk may think I was a bit OTT. However, there's a bin about 5 yards away from the bus stop. You can see the bus coming as it's a striaght road from about 300 yards, plus there are lights. Plenty of time for him to take a last swig and pop it in the bin. Not chuck it at my feet!. Anyway, water under the bridge and all that.

Didn't help spotting another fool drive his white van through a cycle/ped crossing as a short cut.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Yeah, he might get a FPN but you might get charged under the Public Order Act 1986 and end up with a criminal record. You don't have the high moral ground here.
It isn't a recordable offence so you don't get a criminal record.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes they are, but D&D isn't.

subaqua

What’s the point
In terms of litter, disorder, violence, public safety, and general chavvyness, 24 hour drinking has been an abyssmal failure.
We always could drink 24 hours. It was buying it , the hours were restricted for.

It's not been overly bad here to be fair . It stopped the 11.30 mass exodus which was always horrendous . It's a gradual trickle now which means no taxi queue fights , no kebab shop fights .

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We always could drink 24 hours. It was buying it , the hours were restricted for.

It's not been overly bad here to be fair . It stopped the 11.30 mass exodus which was always horrendous . It's a gradual trickle now which means no taxi queue fights , no kebab shop fights .
Also less "It's last orders, get another pint in quick" even if you didn't really want one.

Drago

Legendary Member

In the towns I've worked it means that I strad of fight night being done and dusted by midnight, or maybe 2am for the clubs, it was continuous aggro and violence all night. Its seen a sharp rise in alcohol related crime in every part of the country, except for Scotland.

Indeed, the regs were trialled in Scotland first of all, and after causing little problem there it was rolled out to the rest of the UK, but everywhere else the wheel fell off. Proof that just because some amazing idea or scheme works in one place, it doesn't necessarily mean it will transfer successfully to another.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It isn't a recordable offence so you don't get a criminal record.

Drunk and disorderly is an offence under one of the many criminal justice acts, if dealt with by a magistrates' court it is a criminal offence and you do get a criminal record for it.

You can't be sent to prison for being drunk and disorderly, and the conviction will be quickly spent.

But it will appear forever on your antecedent history.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...nd-disorderly-in-a-public-place-revised-2017/

Top Bottom