Slovenian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Lovely photos Goo Mason. I hope to put Slovenia as a possible for next year. I had intended to have a week in Kranjska Gora, then a week with Exodus exploring the rest of the country.

I think I might prefer ten days in Kranjska Gora at a more leisurely pace, and not governed by the itinerary of a group. It looks like Slovenia is a relatively small country, the size of Wales, is that right?

If so, how easy it is to see most of the best bits by being based in one place. Bearing in mind the best bits to me would be mountains and lakes, and a few castles. I am not a great one for seeing Churches etc, or museums or large towns etc, I prefer scenery. Would I be able to use public transport to get around. I am quite happy using public transport, and would think that like most bus drivers in Holiday areas, the drivers would understand my destination with "please" added on in Slovenian.

I would avoid the main holiday times of late July and August, but would September be too late for a visit? I am happy to have cooler weather in exchange for less crowds. Two years ago, I was in Austria in September and the weather was excellent. Pleasantly warm, but you might need a very light fleece just in case.

I would appreciate any suggestions people have.

Top Bottom