Slowly getting back into cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barbie

This has been so difficult since my knee op.

I can't seem to manage 1 mile without my knee feeling like it's going to explode.

I've been to physio therapy for weeks now and was given the go ahead to cycle.

Any tips on how to ease up the knee pain?

My new avatar-isn't he a dream?

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I'm no expert Barbie but are you absolutely sure the bike setup is right ? The seat an inch too far back or too low can have a huge effect on how much effort is put through your knees. If it's that bad you might be better going for a professional bike fit.

Another thing might be an exercise bike on very low resistance just to get you spinning again and get your knee used to the movement.
Hope it works out for you.

cheers

paul

Keith Oates

Janner
This has been so difficult since my knee op.

I can't seem to manage 1 mile without my knee feeling like it's going to explode.

I've been to physio therapy for weeks now and was given the go ahead to cycle.

Any tips on how to ease up the knee pain?

My new avatar-isn't he a dream?

Must say he does nothing for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the knee problem it may be a good idea to mention your problems to the Physio and see what He/She suggests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't really be much help, but if you discover anything beneficial do share it! My wife also suffers cruelly from knee pain, but the situation is different: she gets it after the ride, not during it. And she's never had an op. And we're both a lot older* than you I'm afraid - in our 60s now. For Mrs P it looks like the onset of arthritis and nothing much we can do about it, but every little helps. We did manage a leisurely 23 miles yesterday and she was OK during the ride itself.

You best bet is probably the physio. Good luck!

*and I'm afraid I look nothing like your avatar... :biggrin:

Top Bottom